We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discount cruise sites

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Discount cruise sites

Hello. Does anyone know of any internet sites or travel agents that offer deep discounts when 120 day and 90 days left for cruises? I have been on a few cruises overseas and some passengers have paid 25 % of what I did and sometimes they have better cabins as well. Looking for Royal Caribbean’s cruise in Feb leaving Sydney

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
11 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,720 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Discount cruise sites

You might want to post on the Royal Caribbean forum on Cruise Critic. They can’t give the names of specific agents, but they might be able to point you in the right direction if discount cruises are even an option.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discount cruise sites

Thanks. I wonder if they would want to promote their own discount cruises

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discount cruise sites

Most cruise will not offer deep discount that far out. Usually last minute discount to fill empty rooms will happen within 30days of sailing but you are taking a risk that you won't get the cabin you wanted or cruise you want.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Discount cruise sites

Have a look at this site;

https://www.cruisesalefinder.com.au

Not necessarily the last word on last minute deals. Always subscribe to the company email list for deals.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Discount cruise sites

Thanks

Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Geelong, Great Ocean Road
Level Contributor
7,606 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Discount cruise sites

I always subscribe to the cruise lines web sites and have picked up some terrific last minute deals that way. The catch is that you have to have the flexibility to grab the deal that is offered.

This can mean however that full payment is often required up front within 48 hours of booking the cruise, limited cabin choices or taking a cabin on a guaranteed basis and if you need to embark or disembark at an interstate city other than your home port, to arrange pre and post cruise flights and accommodation at short notice which can negate the savings on the discounted cruise.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Discount cruise sites

Totally agree, Famrick. I was going to say subscribe to cruise line notification but it sort of came out as subscribe to the other site. :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Discount cruise sites

Thanx Famrick. Right now I am interested in a specific Royal C cruise out of Sydney on a specific day in Feb. Is it at least worth waiting till there are 90 days left or better to book it now? Not sure if these huge ships would get sold out. Specially in Feb

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Geelong, Great Ocean Road
Level Contributor
7,606 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Discount cruise sites

If I see a cruise I am interested in I will keep a close eye on the companies web site and often will make phantom bookings to check on the availability and price of the cabins for that particular cruise and you can get some idea of how they are selling.

If I start to get concerned that the ship is filling up quicker than I anticipated and I think the price is reasonable I will get my TA to book the cruise for me rather than run the risk of missing out on the cruise.

There is no hard and fast rule with this and it can be a bit hit or miss. I got caught out last year with a cruise we eventually booked. There was a sale on that ended at the end of October but because due to various circumstances I wasnt ready to book the trip until mid November. The result was that if I had booked the trip before the sale ended I would have been able to afford a balcony cabin - when the sale ended the price increased dramatically and I ended up with an inside cabin on the ship.

Just keep an eye on how the cruise you are looking at is selling as I indicated earlier if you think the ship is filling up and the price looks good just book it.

Good luck with this.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Discount cruise sites

Great idea. How would I know it’s filling up? From the number of available cabins? Do they show that? Sorry to keep troubling you

Reply to: Discount cruise sites
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted