We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Error was made with my evisitor 651 visa

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Error was made with my evisitor 651 visa

Slight problem I have, I applied for a evisitor 651 subclass visa for tourist activity purposes but for some reason I was granted a visa with a 8115 business activity condition. I'm thinking it must be a clerical error on their end as the copy of the application does state the purpose of the visit is for tourism. What should I do? There's no email address to tell anyone about the error, should I just go on this visa and explain the mistake when I arrive in Australia?

5 replies to this topic
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,320 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Error was made with my evisitor 651 visa

Its not a mistake. They all have that on it, at least all of mine do. It also has a condition about maximum 3 months study, no tuberculosis and no criminal convictions.

You’re good to go, you don’t need to do anything else now.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Error was made with my evisitor 651 visa

Really? Every time you have applied Youve gotten the 8115 business activity condition on your visa even though you have applied you selected tourism as the purpose of your visit? Did immigration staff question you ever?

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
31,294 posts
77 reviews
3. Re: Error was made with my evisitor 651 visa

I think you're reading it the wrong way. It doesn't mean you are allowed to enter the country only for business activities. It means that you <may> undertake business visitor activities while in Australia

but you must NOT work.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,320 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Error was made with my evisitor 651 visa

Yes every time and I agree with Luigi. It allows you to do some business activity if you want to (it’s not mandatory), it also allows me to study. I do neither, just go as a tourist. Relax, it’s fine.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Error was made with my evisitor 651 visa

Ah OK that makes sense, sorry I just know the immigration authorities there are strict so I wasn't leaving anything to chance. Thank your for replies

Reply to: Error was made with my evisitor 651 visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted