We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gold Coast Theme Parks during Christmas

Mumbai, India
1 post
Save Topic
Gold Coast Theme Parks during Christmas

I'm planning a trip to Australia east coast and will be reaching gold coast on the evening of Christmas (25th December). Is it advisable to explore Gold coast during Christmas & Boxing Day? Will the theme parks there be open on the boxing day?

Or should I change my travelling dates?

4 replies to this topic
Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
17,384 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gold Coast Theme Parks during Christmas

Theme parks will be open, but they will be extremely crowded.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
692 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gold Coast Theme Parks during Christmas

Absolute busiest time of the year... weather is great, school holidays for the whole country and people generally take this time of the year off work..

So they will be open, but very very busy... for popular rides i'd expect nothing less than an hours wait per ride..

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gold Coast Theme Parks during Christmas

Christmas , New Year and the first couple of weeks in January are extremely busy in all tourist spots (especially near the water) as that is when most Australians are on holiday. Having said that we have been to the Gold Coast many times at that time of year and love the vibe there when it is busy. If you go to the theme parks go early and line up before they open - it will be hot and crowded, but doesn’t mean it won’t be fun. No idea of your budget, but if you want to stay somewhere nice,stay at the Surfers Paradise Marriott. It is a beautiful hotel with great ocean views and a swimming pool to die for. The pool has large (I mean large) tropical fish swimming in it you can swim with and is a great experience.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gold Coast Theme Parks during Christmas

You can change your dates if you like but what are your options?

All the best.

Reply to: Gold Coast Theme Parks during Christmas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted