We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Touring Australia in November

Level Contributor
5 posts
38 reviews
Touring Australia in November

Hi, kindly advise on how I could plan an Australian tour for approximately 6 nights.

We are traveling as a couple starting in Perth as we are attending the cricket there.

Kindly advise - where would You recommend we visit .

Mode of transport ie internal flights and busses or other to get around.

Places to stay that are reasonably priced and a daily budget.

Thanking You in advance,

16 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
12,165 posts
54 reviews
1. Re: Touring Australia in November

With six nights, you really only have time to visit Perth and perhaps a couple of nights in the Margaret River region.

To fly from Perth to Sydney (the obvious other place to visit) is a four + hour flight and by the time you change time zones/muck around at each end, you lose a whole day (or take the red eye, don't sleep well on the plane and lose a whole day to foggy exhaustion anyway.)

"Reasonably priced" is different for everyone, so you need to research some accom that fits in your budget.

Dining out can be anywhere from $10 for a cheap Asian takeaway, to $100 + per person at a high end place - wine extra. Self catering can make things cheaper.

Cheers.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
7,310 posts
94 reviews
2. Re: Touring Australia in November

You need to do some of your own research otherwise you will just get rubbish answers as nobody here could even possibly predict what you like to see and do.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7,918 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: Touring Australia in November

You mean touring this Australia in 6 days?

https:/…mind-boggling-australian-maps

1) you will need Visas. (My crystal ball tells me you are not New Zealanders). Apply here https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1

2) Have a look at the maps above.

3) Extend your trip, or reduce your trip perimeter.

4) We have no idea of your interests, budgets - or anything else that might be useful to anyone motivated to give information above what you can google for yourself.

5) Have a look at https://www.australia.com/en-gb

Oz
Level Contributor
15,293 posts
50 reviews
4. Re: Touring Australia in November

Hi,

>>Hi, kindly advise on how I could plan an Australian tour for approximately 6 nights.<<

Which part ? North or South of Perth ?

>>Kindly advise - where would You recommend we visit .<<

What are your interests ?

>>Places to stay that are reasonably priced and a daily budget.<<

What do you define as "reasonably priced" ?

Daily budget will depend on all of the above.

Cheers,

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
4,624 posts
68 reviews
5. Re: Touring Australia in November

Start by doing some research in the links provided plus here on the forum.

Are you flying in and out of Perth?

Are you happy to self drive? If this is an option just stick to WA- lots to do and see in this state. There’s also tours you can do.

The alternative is to fly to one place- could be Cairns, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and do some day tours. But your precious 6 days and budget will be given up to long flights - unless you fly overnights.

With 6 days and a limited budget you might be best to stick to WA.

Have a look here to see if any thing appeals:

https:/…Welcome_to_Western_Australia.aspx

Remember we are volunteers here. The more information you can provide will help us give suggestions.

Edited: 03 August 2018, 10:38
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
41 reviews
6. Re: Touring Australia in November

You mean a tour of the close regions surrounding Perth?

You dont have time to tour Australia, to even get a proper taste you'd need to double that time

https:/…93852537

thats an interesting 8 day itinerary that the person did 3 destinations (2 nights, 3 nights, 2 nights)... but i can tell you, flying and taking tours like that will be super $$$$$

and you say your there for cricket, is that included in your 6 days or is the 6 days seperate?

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
4,390 posts
92 reviews
7. Re: Touring Australia in November

If you're there for the test, then 5 days of cricket plus a day trip to Rottnest Island =6 days.

Level Contributor
5 posts
38 reviews
8. Re: Touring Australia in November

Hi All, thank you for Your Advise.

Just to clarify, we will be in Perth for 5 nights for the cricket and limited touring.

We then have 6 additional nights.

Where do You suggest we fly to and what do You Advise we don’t miss out on.

Our interest would be to do the interesting natural sights and enjoy the Beach (Time permitting)

I was thinking Sydney - Cairns (Great Barrier Reef) - Gold Coast then back to Perth to fly back to SA.

If this seems reasonable how do we structure our days and Itinerary.

I trust that should clarify some of the questions posed in response to my original message.

Thanks In Advance

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,333 posts
17 reviews
9. Re: Touring Australia in November

You don’t have time for 3 locations in 6 days that are so far apart, unless you just want to tick the box to say you’ve been there

Look at flight times on google flights, you’ll see how much time you’ll lose travelling.

Go to Cairns or Sydney and enjoy doing things there

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
207 reviews
10. Re: Touring Australia in November

Sorry but that’s not even close to possible, you’re proposing to cover 7000km in 6 nights, 11000km if you have to fly home (wherever that is) from Perth. I would propose you spend your time around Perth, Fremantle and the Margaret River, OR maybe go up to Ningaloo if budget allows. Or fly to Sydney and spend the time there with a night or 2 in the Blue Mountains and/or the South Coast around Kiama and the Southern Highlands for which you’d need a car..

All the best

Reply to: Touring Australia in November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted