We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Better route from Bangalore to Tiruvannamalai

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
504 posts
131 reviews
364 helpful votes
Better route from Bangalore to Tiruvannamalai
Save

Trip to Tiruvannamalai from Bangalore to Tiruvannamalai by car

So the better route is:

Bangalore – Krishnagiri- after you turn to catch Chennai route proceed for approx 14 km, you need to turn right , the flyover is under construction- go via Bargur-Tirupattur-singarapettai to Tiruvannamalai.

You need not enter Tirupattur town, there is a small link road to avoid the tirupattur town traffic and save distance too.

I recently visited Tiruvannamalai by car from Bangalore. As any youngster, used the google maps for the best route. Here is where google maps failed me. It did not tell me about the quality of road. Till krishnagiri, it was very smooth ride on the highway. The problem starts once you are out of the Chennai highway. The last 115 km from Krishnagiri to Tiruvannamalai, the road is very bad, it is a just a two lane road, with good traffic, the road is under repair, renovation and construction most of the part. It took us 3 hours to cover this 100 km distance.

We were worried about the return journey and on enquiry we found that from Tiruvannamalai to Singarapettai ( 54 km) one has to use the old route. From Singarapettai, you take a right which will take you to Tirupattur- Bargur-touch Chennai Bangalore highway. By kms, this route is 15 km extra. But the road is excellent , you can drive fast and save wear and tear of your vehicle

So the better route is:

Bangalore – Krishnagiri- after you turn to catch Chennai route proceed for approx 14 km, you need to turn right , the flyover is under construction- go via Bargur-Tirupattur-singarapettai to Tiruvannamalai.

You need not enter Tirupattur town, there is a small link road to avoid the tirupattur town traffic and save distance too.

Edited: 9 years ago
92 replies to this topic
Bangalore...
1 post
1 review
9 helpful votes
1. Re: Better route from Bangalore to Tiruvannamalai
Save

Do you have any land marks for taking right to bugur? and any land marks for bypassing tirupattur town to get to the link road?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
504 posts
131 reviews
364 helpful votes
2. Re: Better route from Bangalore to Tiruvannamalai
Save

there is no land mark. if u use google maps search for the route from krishnagiri to bagur. when we travelled the flyover was under construction at the turning point from highway to bargur road.

Regarding avoiding tirupattur town, we just went by google maps directions and a little enquiry. there were not identifiable land marks. may be you can ask for the link road as you approach tirupattur.

Edited: 8 years ago
bangalore
1 post
2 reviews
3. Re: Better route from Bangalore to Tiruvannamalai
Save

how is the road conditions from singarapet to tiruvannamalai

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
504 posts
131 reviews
364 helpful votes
4. Re: Better route from Bangalore to Tiruvannamalai
Save

under construction in many place. But no other choice. Drivable. but you have to be slow.

Tirupati, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
3 helpful votes
5. Re: Better route from Bangalore to Tiruvannamalai
Save

Could you let me know,if this route has divider markings(two way road)

Thanks

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
504 posts
131 reviews
364 helpful votes
6. Re: Better route from Bangalore to Tiruvannamalai
Save

divider is available only upto bargur. from bargur to tiruvannamalai, it is a two lane road without divider. I felt it to be safe because road is broad and less traffic. with reasonable speed control, it is safe to drive.

Tirupati, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
3 helpful votes
7. Re: Better route from Bangalore to Tiruvannamalai
Save

Thank you

Bengaluru, India
1 post
8. Re: Better route from Bangalore to Tiruvannamalai
Save

Hi,

You can try this route, i have traveled 3 times.only 30 kms extra,but road conditions are good ,you can maintain speed of 80-90 kms

Krishnagiri -Karimangalam- Kambinallur - Morappur - Harur - Theerthamalai -Andiyur- Thanipadi - Radha Puram-Thiruvannamalai

After paying toll at Krishnagiri, proceed along NH7 till you see a diversion to Morappur on the left hand side. You will cross Kambainallur, Morappur till you reach Harur. From Harur do not ask the locals how to go to T V Malai. They will suggest you the route via Singarapettai. Instead ask them the route to Theerthamalai. Once you cross Theerthamalai, Thanipadi you will reach T V Malai outer

Regards,

Joseph

Bengaluru, India
1 post
9. Re: Better route from Bangalore to Tiruvannamalai
Save

I traveled to Tiruvannamali on Feb 8th 2014 by car from Bangalore. I didn't aware that road construction work is going on and took Krishnagiri - Mathur - Utangarai - Chengam - Tiruvanamalai route. Road is totally non riding condition from Krishnagiri to Utangarai. It took 2 hours for me to cross 48 KM stretch. On return I took Tiruvannamalai - Chengam - Singarapettai - Tiruppathur - Bargur - Krishnagiri. It is pretty good road. Till full road construction work completed on NH 66, Please do not take Krishnagiri - Mathur - Utangarai route, when traveling to Tiruvannamalai.

Regards

Jagatheeswaran

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
5 helpful votes
10. Re: Better route from Bangalore to Tiruvannamalai
Save

Thanks Mr.Jagatheeswaran. One further question- from Tirupattur to Singarapettai, does one go via Uttangarai or take the parallel smaller road via Mottur- Anthiyur? I am planning to make a trip next week & thought your input might help...

Reply to: Better route from Bangalore to Tiruvannamalai
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tiruvannamalai
More Tiruvannamalai Topics