We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary advice

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary advice

Hi everyone, I have bee reading the forums and am now confused about our time spent in the Margaret River region.

We are in SW WA for two weeks and I had planned as follows 20/10/18 - 3/11/18 and we enjoy Nature,trees,good food (dining /cooking) and wine

20th Busselton- Esplanade Hotel

21/22nd Yallingup- Seashells - canal rocks and the coastline/Augusta

23/24th MR- Edge of Forest motel- wine tour

25/26th -Pemberton Rainbow Valley cottages- forest trees walks,steam train, wineries

27/28/29th- Albany-tree top walk,Tingle trees,Anzac Centre,, The Gap,

30-3rd- Fremantle

I have already booked Albany and Fremantle.

My confusion lies in Yallingup/MR/Pemberton area, are they far enough apart to warrant 2nights at each place?

We have been to Perth before with intentions of doing this trip but the bushfires prevented this

and we only went to Busselton on a day trip which only wet our appetite to see more of the natural beauty of the region.

Thanks,Sharon

Mentioned in this post
Margaret River Region
Margaret River Region
Western Australia, Australia
Busselton
Busselton
Yallingup
Yallingup
Margaret River Region, Australia
Seashells Yallingup
Seashells Yallingup
463 Reviews
Yallingup, Australia
Augusta
Augusta
Margaret River Region, Australia
Pemberton
Pemberton
Albany
Albany
Fremantle
Fremantle
Greater Perth, Australia
Perth
Perth
Greater Perth, Australia
2 replies to this topic
Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
4,158 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary advice

Your itinerary looks nice and leisurely. It’s often recommended that you can base yourselves in one location in the Margaret River region to save moving accommodation as attractions can be within a day trip driving time. However, if you want to experience both places you have chosen that’s fine too. If you are really into wines choose your tour carefully so you get get to a few top wineries.

Pemberton area for 2 nights will give you time to explore and do some lovely walks. There’s some 4WD tours available to get you to more remote wilderness areas.

Then on to Albany. You could spend much of the day doing this. At Walpole area are the Giant Tingle trees, then just out of Walpole is Tree Top Walk. Further on is William Bay- Greens Pool. Around Denmark is Scotsdale Rd scenic drive with some excellent boutique wineries. If you are interested in Reislings then Porongorup area has some top wines. Then Albany- here’s some great information for the south coast:

https:/…Albany.For.First.Timers.html

The Visitor Centre web sites are useful for planning your trip.

Edited: 10 June 2018, 19:20
Mentioned in this post
Margaret River Region
Margaret River Region
Pemberton
Pemberton
Albany
Albany
Tree Top Walk
Tree Top Walk
648 Reviews
Walpole, Australia
Greens Pool
Greens Pool
835 Reviews
Denmark, Australia
Denmark
Denmark
Margaret River Visitor Centre
Margaret River Visitor...
628 Reviews
Margaret River, Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary advice

Hi Jean, Thank you for laying my worries to rest about staying in both places and the advice on the wine tours, I have been pondering that problem as I would rather not go to chocolate and olive oil shops when I can do these when I'm not drinking, and thanks for the tip on Riesling I shall check that out as well. Your help is much appreciated.

Reply to: Itinerary advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Margaret River Region
;