We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it good to stay in Phobjikha or visit from Punakha?

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Is it good to stay in Phobjikha or visit from Punakha?

I am traveling to Bhutan in November this year and planning to visit Phobjikha. I m not able to decide whether to make a 1-night stay there or make a day trip to Phobjikha from Punakha. I understand it can be covered in a day trip, but the question primarily is if we can get a real feel of the place if visiting from Punakha? Also, how is the road condition from Punakha to Phobjikha as we have a 2-yr old with us along with 2 senior citizens?

Appreciate your reply. Thanks.

4 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it good to stay in Phobjikha or visit from Punakha?

Punakha to Phobjikha is 4 hour drive one way.

If you are thinking of day trip, you will be spending 8 good hours on the road, which might not be suitable for young kids and old folks.

But hotel in Phobjikha is limited. You might not get any rooms now in November.

Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
3,519 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it good to stay in Phobjikha or visit from Punakha?

Another vote for staying one night in Phobjikha. You'll feel the high altitude fresh air, the quiet silence, and can do some small walks.In November you might see the Black-necked cranes too,and there is a nice information center about them in the valley.. Book your hotel soon, as space there is limited.

As far as I read, the road till Phobjikha should be good now.

3. Re: Is it good to stay in Phobjikha or visit from Punakha?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2018, 19:40

Kolkata, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it good to stay in Phobjikha or visit from Punakha?

Thank you very much :-)

Reply to: Is it good to stay in Phobjikha or visit from Punakha?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Phobjikha Valley