We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Rivera Cancun - how is the wine?

Stamford...
Level Contributor
766 posts
26 reviews
Excellence Rivera Cancun - how is the wine?

I'm just day dreaming about my trip - still have 187 days to go - but who's counting. I was just wondering what the wine is like. Last two trips have been to Secrets - Playa Mujeres and Secrets Capri, and the wine was terrible. I found other beverages but I am a wino at heart. I could have purchased better wines, but I pay enough for the trip, don't feel the need to spend more. Hope today is a beautiful day in the neighborhood wherever you are.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Excellence Rivera Cancun - how is the wine?

Wine is a very subjective thing. What tastes great to one person might taste terrible to another. My personal preference at ERC is for the sauvignon blanc and the sparkling. I wouldn't call either of them the best wines I've had, but I found them drinkable.

Stamford...
Level Contributor
766 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: Excellence Rivera Cancun - how is the wine?

Drinkable works for me. I am not a wine snob - just a wino! But as long as there is sparkling a/k/a champagne I'll be happy.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
826 posts
3. Re: Excellence Rivera Cancun - how is the wine?

Both Secrets and Excellence had the same wines Santa Carolina and Andres? I think. Red better than white. Certainly not the best.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Excellence Rivera Cancun - how is the wine?

I recommend the port. Not many guests ask for this and they are missing out.

NEWCASTLE
Level Contributor
51 posts
70 reviews
5. Re: Excellence Rivera Cancun - how is the wine?

My wife likes her wine, she mainly drinks "RED" and she tells me that the house wine (Cab Sav or Merlot) are quite good, she also drinks what they class as the champagne (Dubios) and that is also quite palatable. try the Martini bar for drinks in the evening the chocolate Martini's are too die for.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
26 posts
6. Re: Excellence Rivera Cancun - how is the wine?

I drank sparkling almost everyday there and it was easy to drink.

Lorton, VA
Level Contributor
291 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Excellence Rivera Cancun - how is the wine?

Just came back for ERC. While there is a wine menu, I looked at it once for about 6 seconds, they only offer 4 complimentary wines. I can not recall the brand name, I believe it was from Chile. The reds were a Cab and a Merlot. The whites were Chard and SBlanc. If you wanted a different wine, they were definetly available, but you would have to pay for that. Needless to say we didn't. I guess that would be my only suggestion/complaint if I were a wine fanatico. You pay a lot of money and to only have a choice of 4 free wines would be a bummer especially if you did not drink liquor.

Edited: 29 October 2016, 06:36
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Excellence Rivera Cancun - how is the wine?

in November 2015 the house cab was SANTA CAROLINA RESERVA CABERNET SAUVIGNON. it wasn't bad, but i am far from an expert.

13 posts
9. Re: Excellence Rivera Cancun - how is the wine?

My sister and I are heading back to ERC for the 2nd time in April.

They have 4 house wines and I think I have tried 3 out of the 4. I liked them all. I believe that most of them come from Argentina and with comparing them to our several trips to California Wineries, I really enjoyed them all.

I will definitely have to try the Port next time....I didn't realize they even offered it :)

10. Re: Excellence Rivera Cancun - how is the wine?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2018, 11:46