We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon Sun ERC

Stoughton, Wisconsin
4 posts
2 reviews
Afternoon Sun ERC

We are headed to ERC mid-June and have book EC Swim Ups. Does anyone know which buildings get morning vs afternoon sun? Also, we are traveling with another couple. Will they honor a room request to be near each other if we book identical types of rooms? Thanks!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Afternoon Sun ERC

Not always. The last time we were there we met a few people who were not allocated rooms next/near to each other.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: Afternoon Sun ERC

check out a map on the website. The sea is due east of the hotel.

We've gone with other couples and they do try. The earlier you check in the better luck you will have, expecially if you check in together. We've usually been placed on the same floor of the same building if we weren't picky about which building. Turns out we rarely ever meet in a room so what you think is going to be a big deal isn't one when you get there.

Forney, Texas
Level Contributor
76 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Afternoon Sun ERC

Would also like first hand knowledge of specific building numbers for morning sun versus afternoon sun. Any help?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
26 posts
4. Re: Afternoon Sun ERC

We put a request in to be on the same floor of the same building. I sent one email and put both our reservation numbers in the email. We were put in adjoining rooms and it was awesome! I didn't even know they had any adjoining rooms but I think our entire floor did based on the map on the back of the room door. Having the rooms connected was great for getting ready in the evenings. As we all waited on each other to get ready, we would have our doors open and have drinks while waiting. We were in rooms 6122 and 6123. The area had sun all day in April and was close to everything.

Shawnee, Kansas
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Afternoon Sun ERC

As far as the EC goes 7b swim outs will get sun a little longer than 7a and 8, but not by much. The way the buildings are angled, the sun comes straight at you in 7a and 8. If you're on a balcony of 7b you have to look left about 45 degrees to see the sun come up. Hope that makes sense. Check out a resort map. All will be fantastic. When the swim outs get shady, there are sunny seats very close by. I was thinking some of the swim ups started getting shade around 3 or a little after

Summerland, Canada
Level Contributor
526 posts
36 reviews
6. Re: Afternoon Sun ERC

Buildings 1 and 2 will get more afternoon sun than the rest in the non EC. We always stay in Building 2 and love the afternoon sun in our swim up.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,808 posts
115 reviews
7. Re: Afternoon Sun ERC

We stayed in building 4 and there is only morning sun, not much in the afternoon. We requested about 2 weeks in advance to be in the same building / floor as our friends. We received the response that they would try but could not promise. When we arrived we asked again and they were able to put us next door to each other. I think the probability of this happening may be due to the time of day that you arrive. We had an early flight. If you get there late in the day many rooms may have already been given out. We had top floor in Building 4 and could see some of the ocean. However its a long walk to the rest of the resort from Buildings 4 & 5.

Euless, Texas
Level Contributor
189 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Afternoon Sun ERC

This will show you the direction of the sun at different times...gotta put in your dates for accuracy, and know which buildings are which...make sure to switch to satellite view...hope it helps.

suncalc.net/#/…14

Edited: 22 May 2016, 22:49
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
138 posts
23 reviews
9. Re: Afternoon Sun ERC

Buildings 1 and 2 get sun from early morning right up to 5-6pm depending on season. They also are the best location IMO...quiet yet very close to everything. Man, I wish I was there right now. Stellar resort.

10. Re: Afternoon Sun ERC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2017, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Morelos