We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Restaurants in La Colonia?

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
8 posts
Save Topic
Good Restaurants in La Colonia?

Hello,

My family of 7 will be spending a few days in PM at the end of May.We really love going to restaurants & carts that are frequented by locals. While there are tons of restaurants in the tourist zone talked about, I'm finding it hard to find recommendations for restaurants in La Colonia. Any suggestions out there?

Salt Lake City USA
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Restaurants in La Colonia?

Papa y Cafe. -- they make stuffed potato dishes. There are also several carts with tacos, fish, crepes or churros around.

Edited: 30 April 2011, 08:39
Puerto Morelos, MX
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
3,815 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Restaurants in La Colonia?

Ditto on Papa Y Cafe. I reviewed them here on Trip Advisor. Click the restaurant tab on the left side of your screen.

There is a great seafood place located on the south end of the main north-south divided road in the colonia. The n name is El Picadito. They have excellent meals that include a great seafood soup. The fried fish is enough for two and is only $60 pesos!

Another good seafood place is La Petita located across the street from the Colonia's town square

Salt Lake City USA
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Restaurants in La Colonia?

Same name: La Petita that has been reviewed on TA is the one in PM. The better La Petita that Frank is talking about is in La Colonia. I hope I got that right. (Although my sister really liked the one in PM before it changed owners).

Edited: 01 May 2011, 02:13
Puerto Morelos, MX
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
3,815 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Restaurants in La Colonia?

the one in Puerto and the one in the Colonia have the same menu it's just cheaper in the Colonia because of its location.

Edited: 01 May 2011, 03:23
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Restaurants in La Colonia?

Thanks All! La Petita in Colonia is on the agenda...so is the El Pecadito.

A couple of more questions....who has true cappuccino style coffee and also, is there anywhere in La Colonia for steak aracherra? Hubby is threatening to drive to PDC to eat at El Fogon.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Restaurants in La Colonia?

Thanks All! La Petita in Colonia is on the agenda...so is the El Pecadito.

A couple of more questions....who has true cappuccino style coffee and also, is there anywhere in La Colonia for steak aracherra? Hubby is threatening to drive to PDC to eat at El Fogon.

Puerto Morelos, MX
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
3,815 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Restaurants in La Colonia?

Iknow that La Petita in the Colonia has aracherra on their menu but I have no idea how it is as I always choose the fish.

8. Re: Good Restaurants in La Colonia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 04:49