We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sad news

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
2,048 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Sad news

To Pefko the popular and long established restaurant has closed due to earthquake damage.

We had a look round from the outside today and it's in a very poor state. We were told that the building will have to be demolished along with the beautiful church and the school house - one of the oldest on the island.

4 replies to this topic
Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
296 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sad news

There was a post on Facebook so I knew about To Pefko but not the church and school house. How sad. I presume Fiscardo faired better?

Mentioned in this post
Fiscardo
Fiscardo
Cephalonia, Greece
Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
2,048 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sad news

We only have the word of one Antipata resident about the school and church but I didn't doubt their information.

Both had severe damage in previous quakes. This time there is tape around the perimeter of the church to prevent you getting too close and the external cracks are visibly worse.

Nowhere in Fiscardo affected as far as we can tell.

Mentioned in this post
Fiscardo
Fiscardo
Cephalonia, Greece
Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
2,048 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sad news

Talking to different locals they remain hopeful that the school and church can be saved providing the essential repairs are carried out sooner rather than later and certainly before they suffer any further damage.

I hope so!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
616 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sad news

After these almost daily quake recently, they best hurry up and fix them, else it maybe become just too late.

Reply to: Sad news
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Antipata