We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

supermarkets

teesside
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
supermarkets

hello

Booked a villa in antipata for 1st week in June Does anyone know where nearest supermarket is located? any reccommendations for restaurants beaches etc

thanks

6 replies to this topic
Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: supermarkets

Hi quietmum

There's a tiny mini-mart attached to the To Pefko taverna in Antipata. Obviously not much choice of produce but handy for the essentials.

Beyond that there's a number of supermarkets in Fiscardo and one in Maganos (a small rural village which you will pass through a few km before you arrive in Antipata) Also in Maganos is an excellent roadside fruit and veg store.

Nearest beach is Dafnoudi, which is reached via the lane that runs along the side of To Pefko, you have to leave the car and follow the track (signposted) for about 600 metres. Large white pebbles and clear blue water.

There are no sandy beaches in the North just lots of pretty little coves There are 2 reached via Maganos, Aghia Jerusalem and Aliates.

On the way to Fiscardo you will see signs for Emblissi beach which is adjacent to the Emelisse Hotel and heading out of Fiscardo - in the opposite direction to the way you came is Foki Beach which is probably our favourite.

Images of the various beaches mentioned can be found here -

http://www.fiscardo.com/beaches.htm

As for restaurants ,the 2 in Antipata are very good, To Pefko and the Stone House and there's also a great snack bar called picnic - draw back is that they are all roadside. There's a good traditional taverna in Maganos called Ionia, great sunsets and some nights they do a spit roast.

Plenty of choice in Fiscardo, personal top 2 are Tselentis in the square and the Thai, Lord Falcon. Others will have their favourites of course. There was some recent discussion on -

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g776022-i15424-k…

teesside
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
2. Re: supermarkets

Hello

Thankyou for lots of great info I will print it out and take with me.

Do you have any advice on boat hire?

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: supermarkets

Hi again

There are 2 boat hire companies based in the harbour at Fiscardo.

Regina - which is near to the ferry docking bay, plus Makis on the opposite side of the harbour.

In June you should expect to pay 45eu per day for the smallest craft up to about 100 for a speedboat. The boats are supplied with a full tank of fuel and you are then charged for what you've used when you return the boat.

The price of fuel has soared over the last few years so I would expect to pay a further 30 - 40 eu depending on how far you go and how much you use.

Have a great time - I'm sure you'll love it.

teesside
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
4. Re: supermarkets

hello

I do keep bugging you How do we know where we are going with the hire boats do you get a map I dont wnat to end up in ZAnte!!

thanks

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Fiscardo
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
30 reviews
5. Re: supermarkets

Lol - doubt if you could end up in Zante even if you wanted to!! You're given a map of the crusing area and advised/warned of the furthest distance you can go in a day plus any areas with high currents etc.

Some people do venture across the strait to Ithaca but be warned a breeze can get up mid afternoon for the return leg.

Most people just stick to the coastline and find their own little coves.

You're not bugging me at all - anything else you can think of just ask away and I'll do my best to help.

Cephalonia
Level Contributor
23 posts
33 reviews
6. Re: supermarkets

Another Boat Hire company in Fiscardo called Bella Mare

offering small boats form 40 euros a day. Take the road down towards the ferry port and it is on the road towards the lighthouse. They will give you a map with the beaches marked and information on where to anchor the boat etc.

Reply to: supermarkets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Antipata