We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarov Russia

London
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sarov Russia

Is there travel restrictions on Visiting Sarov. Are private phone calls to mobile phones in Sarov blocked?

19 replies to this topic
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sarov Russia

Yes Sarov is restricted, but as to this question of mobile phones being blocked I'd say highly unlikely.

I don't want to prejudge anything but scammers often claim to not have access to mobile phones.

London
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sarov Russia

Thank you for your answer

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sarov Russia

Are you in contact with a lady in Sarov? Who says that you cant cal her due to restrictions on incoming calls?

London
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sarov Russia

Yes I am. She says she is a police officer there but I think she may be a scammer

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,702 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sarov Russia

It is getting harder and harder these days to explain away why you can't be reached.... Find a local number in the town try calling it. If it goes thru - you are being scammed!

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sarov Russia

Barry

Is her name Ekaterina, I think I am in touch with the same lady! First told me she was a social worker in the police and then a dog handler. I think the scammer might be in South America as her emails show as GMT - 7hrs. I reckon we could exchange photos of her and her alleged family. I'm glad you replied to my message Barry. I think we have both saved ourselves a bit of hassle.

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sarov Russia

Barry have a look at this link with Katy's pictures:

http://antiarnaques.org/en/blacklist/5743

London
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sarov Russia

Hi Jimmy, that is her complete with dog name and identical letters. The link letter says she signed out of Japan Cupid but she was actually barred from it. I have contacted the Russian police and will send them her photos. The photos of her parents are incongruous as I suspect they are from the late 50s, far too old to be her parents.

There is another scammer who seems to ride piggyback, her name is Dara from Ekaterinberg, Russia though the times of her mail suggest she is from elsewhere. Thanks very much for responding to my post. Regards Barry

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sarov Russia

You're welcome Barry.

Well done for doing the research and posting here as that is what prompted me to do some further research which uncovered the site above.

This scammer wasn't the sharpest tool in the box and made many mistakes...

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sarov Russia

An email will contain an i.p address which will tell you where it was sent from, while its possible to fake these using proxy servers its unlikely your scammers would be aware of this or be able to provide a false one for somewhere such as Ekaterinberg.

Also for a Russian getting a visa to visit the UK is a lot harder than it is for us to visit there. It's not a simple case of you writing some kind of letter of support or even paying for everything, they need to meet certain criteria.

Reply to: Sarov Russia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sarov
Recent Conversations