We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights stay / 1 day trip in Malaga: suggestions?

8 posts
Save Topic
2 nights stay / 1 day trip in Malaga: suggestions?

Hello,

I will be in Malaga late September for a stopover. Arriving on a Friday at 9:00pm and leaving on Sunday at 11:00am. It gives me a full day to visit (I know! It's a shame to have so little time!).

I have a few questions:

1- Do you think it's better to have a hotel near the airport or in the city for convenience?

*How can we easily travel from airport to city?

2- What would be the best to do in 24 hours?

*I prefer to skip museums and focus more on getting a feeling for the city: markets, plaza, architecture, parks... I would be interested in hiking if it's close to city center and if it allows for great views of the city and the sea.

Thank you for your time!

Kathy

2 replies to this topic
Pueblo Nuevo de...
Level Contributor
7,732 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights stay / 1 day trip in Malaga: suggestions?

1. In the city, you can take the C1 train from the airport to Centro Alameda station it takes 12 mins.

2) The Alcazaba, Castillo Gibralfaro, Atarazanas Market, wander around the historic centre.

Just a few ideas, for more have a look at the Malaga city forum , top questions on the right (full site not the app)

Edited: 07 August 2018, 01:30
scotland
Level Contributor
20,169 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights stay / 1 day trip in Malaga: suggestions?

Stay in Malaga Historic area

Atarazanas Málaga Boutique Hotel , Hotel Castilla Guerrero , Hotel Alameda Malaga , Hotel Eurostars Astoria , and I night Hostal Larios is hard to better for location

Reply to: 2 nights stay / 1 day trip in Malaga: suggestions?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted