We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 hour delay at Malaga airport + Air Arabia

8 posts
3 hour delay at Malaga airport + Air Arabia

Hello,

I would like to go through Malaga to take a flight to another destination (Tangier). I have to buy separate tickets. Is 3 hours enough to get my luggage checked out and register for the next flight? Does Malaga airport often experience delays? I read that only Terminal 3 is functional: I guess it is rather a small airport.

My second flight would be with Air Arabia. Any experience with that company?

Thank you!

Kathy

5 replies to this topic
Pueblo Nuevo de...
Level Contributor
8,228 posts
129 reviews
1. Re: 3 hour delay at Malaga airport + Air Arabia

Where are you flying from and when? it makes a difference.

8 posts
2. Re: 3 hour delay at Malaga airport + Air Arabia

I am flying from Montreal (Canada) and then to Tangier (Morocco). It's a round-trip and in both cases, there is a 3 hour stopover.

Thanks!

8 posts
3. Re: 3 hour delay at Malaga airport + Air Arabia

And I would be traveling on or around Sept 1 to 23. :)

scotland
Level Contributor
20,729 posts
366 reviews
4. Re: 3 hour delay at Malaga airport + Air Arabia

You will arrive at baggage claim on the lower level , collect your luggage and walk through arrivals hall and exit that part the building , go straight ahead and stay in the building , after you go through the doors and "enter Spain" go up 1 level to departures ,at one time there was a lift to the right , as you walked through the glass door and across from the small info desk . 3 hrs is okay , as you have to check in again 2 hrs prior your next flight time . More or less the same route on your return

Edited: 02 August 2018, 00:20
Pueblo Nuevo de...
Level Contributor
8,228 posts
129 reviews
5. Re: 3 hour delay at Malaga airport + Air Arabia

Customs doesn't really take long it is more of a formality.

You would have to go through immigration prior to baggage collection & this is what can take the time, as well as going back through security..

Air Arabia check in opens 3 hrs prior to departure & closes 1 hr prior to departure.

As long as there are no flight delays you should be okay.

Edited: 02 August 2018, 00:48
Reply to: 3 hour delay at Malaga airport + Air Arabia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted