We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sardines

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
Sardines
Save

Arriving in Vilamoura at the weekend.

Anywhere recommended in the marina or near by for fresh sardines ?

Happy for Quarteria recommendations too, but would be good to have somewhere local as well !

Thanks

6 replies to this topic
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
21 reviews
12 helpful votes
1. Re: Sardines
Save

In Quarteira I would recommend Adego do Peixe , its at the start of the promenade on the left , looks rough from the outside but full of locals which is always a good sign . Similar place in Vilamoura ( sorry forgot the name) but you have to walk all the way around the marina and on to the boatyard area , its next to a slipway and looks like a shack . They only serve fish and the lady who seems to run it is scary , but the food and service is faultless , Also a great view across the marina .

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
2. Re: Sardines
Save

Thank you, they both sound great !

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
614 posts
21 reviews
24 helpful votes
3. Re: Sardines
Save

The restaurant next to the fish market in Quarteira is usually busy, sorry I’ve forgot it’s name tho!

London, United...
Level Contributor
987 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
4. Re: Sardines
Save

William B, There's a restaurant next to the fish market in Quarteira that's called Marisqueira, I had a lovely meal in there, could that be the one that you're thinking of ?

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
5. Re: Sardines
Save

Thank you. Another one to try !

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
614 posts
21 reviews
24 helpful votes
6. Re: Sardines
Save

Spot on, thanks Paul 👍

Reply to: Sardines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vilamoura
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.