We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to Portofino

Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry to Portofino

I've got a day in port (7a to 7P) in Genoa on June 12 and would like the day visiting Portofino. Is it possible to ferry (and see some good scenery out on deck) directly from Genoa to Portofino, or should I take a train to Camogli and then is it possible to get a boat from there to Portofino without complicated transfers? I would specifically like to enter Portofino for my first visit from the north by boat if possible. (Saw the incredible views from an aerial travelogue on tv!) Could return by bus/train through Santa Margherita. Any wisdom?

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,283 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry to Portofino

There ias a service from Genoa but departures are apaprently subject to a minmum of 20 paying passengers -- www.liguriaviamare.it/file/sfrutt-port-ge.php

More frequent services are available from Santa margherita: www.traghettiportofino.it/eng/linee.html

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,943 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry to Portofino

Here are the infrequent and not-every-day excursions from Genoa: www.battellierigenova.it/file/e-p-i-genpa.php

Here are the boats from Camogli: www.golfoparadiso.it/_inglese/about_us.htm note that they only go as far as San Fruttuoso - you'd have to pick up another boat (see below) to go on to Portofino.

Here are the boats from Santa Margharita and Rapallo: -click the red line on the map: www.traghettiportofino.it/eng/linee.html This is easiest way for you to arrive at Portofino by boat, with frequent departures.

Trains from Genoa to Camogli, Santa Margharita Ligure and Rapallo are regular and take thirty minutes or so. See http://trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html entering a date before June 13 as later schedules are not yet available (though won't change much).

3. Re: Ferry to Portofino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2009, 11:06