We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hugo’s hotel

Stanstead Abbotts...
Level Contributor
5 posts
155 reviews
Hugo’s hotel

All the reviews of this hotel look very good , however my concern is the area surrounding the hotel.

We are beyond the clubbing seen now and do not want loud bars at 4 in the morning.

So can anyone tell me about the surrounding area and where there might be another 4 star hotel that is quieter perhaps that won’t break the bank ?

Thank you

10 replies to this topic
The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
3,305 posts
113 reviews
1. Re: Hugo’s hotel

It’s a newly built hotel so the airco and soundproofing should be good when the doors and windows are closed. It is in the middle of the lively zone, but does have some good bars and restaurants. You could also check out the George Hotel, the Valentina, the Arts Cavaleri, or my favorite the Juliani. In neighbouring Sliema check out the Victoria and the Waterfront.

Stanstead Abbotts...
Level Contributor
5 posts
155 reviews
2. Re: Hugo’s hotel

Thank you so much, I have some bad reviews of the sounding area.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
3,305 posts
113 reviews
3. Re: Hugo’s hotel

Paceville is a tiny entertainment zone adjacent to St Julian’s with clubs that stay open until about 4AM. Late in the evening it attracts the younger crowd, albeit early in the evening there are some nice places for drinks/cocktails and some nice restaurants. Hugo’s is in the vicinity of this area. You would probably prefer the Cavaleri or Juliani which are in quieter parts of St Julian’s, from where it is possible to avoid Paceville if it is not your thing.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
6,072 posts
160 reviews
4. Re: Hugo’s hotel

It's in the main nightlife zone - if this is not for you, best look elsewhere.

At weekends, it's really full on.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
6,072 posts
160 reviews
5. Re: Hugo’s hotel

The Valentina is in a better area:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g22…

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
42 posts
34 reviews
6. Re: Hugo’s hotel

I wouldn't stay there if you're not interested in clubbing. Do you want St Julians only as a location? You can try staying in Sliema instead, which is closer but not soooo busy.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
12,937 posts
28 reviews
7. Re: Hugo’s hotel

Have a look at the Preluna Hotel in Sliema .

Well situated right on the front , bus stop outside , walking distance to Sliema ferry area , plenty of bars and restaurants and it has a large coffee shop.

Graham

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
94 posts
20 reviews
8. Re: Hugo’s hotel

I second Valentina being in a better area if you want to stay in the hub of St Julian's. Hugo's Hotel is located as "part" of the nightlife, Valentina is on a much quieter road away from all the clubs.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
12,937 posts
28 reviews
9. Re: Hugo’s hotel

Another good choice may be the Waterfront Hotel in Sliema.

Graham

Stanstead Abbotts...
Level Contributor
5 posts
155 reviews
10. Re: Hugo’s hotel

Thank you all

Reply to: Hugo’s hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's
Recent Conversations