We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roll Call Paradisus Rio de Oro

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
588 posts
16 reviews
48 helpful votes
Roll Call Paradisus Rio de Oro
Save

Today marks the 100 day mark to our next visit to Paradisus! As I am not on Facebook and the like, hoping to share some 'build-up' discussion with fellow TA members who are also planning on a visit to Paradisus or the area in the near future, in addition to sharing some current advice and insights.

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
295 posts
16 reviews
37 helpful votes
1. Re: Roll Call Paradisus Rio de Oro
Save

i am going Nov 9th . 2nd time

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
588 posts
16 reviews
48 helpful votes
2. Re: Roll Call Paradisus Rio de Oro
Save

Our upcoming PRDO visit will be our 4th. Great spot. I read in a recent review that they now have kerioki in the evenings. That might be interesting. Do you have a favorite section of the resort to stay?

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
295 posts
16 reviews
37 helpful votes
3. Re: Roll Call Paradisus Rio de Oro
Save

I stay in the regular section. I know people day to upgrade but I was happy with just regular room before . Preferably central halfway to beach and lobby

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
588 posts
16 reviews
48 helpful votes
4. Re: Roll Call Paradisus Rio de Oro
Save

Regular section fine with us too. January can't come soon enough! Lol

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
5. Re: Roll Call Paradisus Rio de Oro
Save

DH & I are coming back for our 5th visit (with mum in law this time)! We’ll be there from Jan 13-20. Can’t wait!!

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
588 posts
16 reviews
48 helpful votes
6. Re: Roll Call Paradisus Rio de Oro
Save

@5, your stay overlaps with our 2nd week. We will be with the inlaws and the outlaws! Lol 100 days goes by quick, and the final 14 for you will also! 😁

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
7. Re: Roll Call Paradisus Rio de Oro
Save

@Leafs... I was figuring (rough count) that we'd be there around the same time! Technically 12 days to go, since we fly at midnight on the 12th.

Have you been to PRDO before? Our last trip was in 2016 - wondering if anything has changed much?

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
8. Re: Roll Call Paradisus Rio de Oro
Save

LOL... I just saw that this will be your 4th time.

Not enough coffee yet this morning (the joys of coming off night shift)!

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
588 posts
16 reviews
48 helpful votes
9. Re: Roll Call Paradisus Rio de Oro
Save

Since 2016, the bathrooms have been updated in many rooms. The lobby area was painted last year, much brighter now. Pool tiles were repaired, although ongoing pool tile issues are common at most Cuban resorts, it seems. I believe it was in 2016 that the pool beds had those awful black plastic covers. They are now replaced with cloth covers. The first part of the beach is rockier and they have more recently blocked off the first set of stairs. The pool tables have been moved to the other side of the stage to make for more seating in the lobby bar area. A few staff moved over to the new Iberostar last year. We believe the staff are amazing!

Canada
Level Contributor
2,183 posts
23 reviews
46 helpful votes
10. Re: Roll Call Paradisus Rio de Oro
Save

Love the PRDO. We've been there 3 times and are hoping for our fourth visit hopefully soon...maybe April.

I'm jealous. Have fun.

Get answers to your questions about Holguin Province
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.