We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

changing it up for my next trip.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
changing it up for my next trip.

changing it up this time around, looking at club amigo Atlantico or any other budget hotels stays on the beach in guardalavaca is there a bus each day that takes you into the town of Holguin from this resort or other hotels in this area?I see its about 1 hour away into town from there is a taxi my only option to get there? I don't like to be isolated on the resort for over 2 weeks stay, I like to venture out for a few days into big towns, thanks, people .

9 replies to this topic
glasgow
Level Contributor
908 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: changing it up for my next trip.

Yes there's a bus leaves hotels in the Guardalavca area every morning I think it's 15cuc return , leaves Holguin 1.30pm .

Taxi from hotel to Holguin between 40 to 60 cuc return , depending on your negotiating skills with local drivers .

saskatoon
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: changing it up for my next trip.

After all hotel pick-ups and travel into Holguin it doesn't leave you much time until it returns.

Edited: 05 August 2018, 03:38
Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
1,05,329 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: changing it up for my next trip.

The bus starts at Brisas and arrives at Club Amigo at 8.53am calling at all the hotels, the last being the Playa Pesquero at 9.30am. It leaves Holguin at 1pm and the cost is, as already stated, 15 CUC's.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: changing it up for my next trip.

thanks, guys is that one of the better stretches of beach in guardalavaca area? at club amigo Atlantico or is there others close by? I'm just trying to locate the area with a great beach that is closest into the main town but its hard for me I don't know that area I have never been.

glasgow
Level Contributor
908 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: changing it up for my next trip.

Hc

Yes the beach at Amigo is great and has a few bars and restaurants also beach is used by the locals especially at the weekends

PAUL M

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
266 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: changing it up for my next trip.

If you have the budget, stay at the Brisas Guardalavaca (which is right next door). The resort and food is much better than Club Amigo

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: changing it up for my next trip.

@6 thanks.

glasgow
Level Contributor
908 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: changing it up for my next trip.

Hc

Brisas is a great hotel in Guardalavca , I've stayed there on many occasions and hopefully we will be going back Jan 2019.

Allenford, Canada
Level Contributor
333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: changing it up for my next trip.

Agree with #6 & #8 Been to Brisas Many Many times and yes if you can work it into your budget Go for it Its a Great place ~S~

Reply to: changing it up for my next trip.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Holguin Province