We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Omo valley in November

Cagliari, Italy
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Omo valley in November

We are an Italian couple planning to go to Omo Valley in November. Is there anyone who wants to join us?

12 replies to this topic
Bristol
Level Contributor
174 posts
65 reviews
1. Re: Omo valley in November

What are your dates? What do you plan to do?

We will arrive at Arber Minch on 18th Nov and go back to Addis on 21st. I plan to do a short tour with Ethio Travel, but nothing booked yet.

Cagliari, Italy
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Omo valley in November

Our dates are flexibles but we are planning to stay about 10 days leaving from Addis Abeba. Why only four days? too short !

Bristol
Level Contributor
174 posts
65 reviews
3. Re: Omo valley in November

Tell me about it! This is the maximum I can persuade my partner to do!

My stepson lives in Addis and we are based in Addis for nearly a month. We have booked a few days in Lalibela and 6 nights in Zanzibar. I have booked the flights to Arberminch but so far not booked a tour. This is s bit of a taster for us, first time in Ethiopia, and for me, first time away from Western comforts.

My partner is part Italian, and he has a flat in Intra on Lago Maggiore, so we are often in Italy.

We are retired and quite keen travellers but I am afraid I do value an European loo and hot water! I can do without everything else.

Why are you in Ethiopia?

Wiener Neustadt...
6 posts
1 review
4. Re: Omo valley in November

We are couple from Austria going to Ethiopia in Nov as well. we want to do Danakil and omo valley our dates are flexible. we are in contact with ethio tour for Danakil. we didnt set a tour for omo valley, would love to share car for omo. any input and tour recommendation for omo please.

Edited: 26 August 2016, 00:30
Bristol
Level Contributor
174 posts
65 reviews
5. Re: Omo valley in November

Hello

UK FO forbid travel to Danakil, so I am not prepared to take the risk, but it looks amazing. I hope I get another opportunity one day.

With regard to the Omo valley, we are flying into Arber Minch on 18th Nov and flying back to Addis on 21st so our dates are not flexible. I have approached Southern Ethiopia Tours and they have quoted 1475USD for the two of us. This includes 3 nights accommodation, various fees, car driver, guide etc. No meals as far as I can tell. They recommend Paradise Lodge in Arber Minch and I have requested Dorze Lodge when in the Omo Valley as I do not want to stay with local people in their homes, which is an option.

At the time of writing I cannot be certain if Southern Ethiopia Tours still have availability. If you are interested in joining us, do let me know. In my opinion it is more fun to travel with others and it reduces the costs slightly.

I am also in correspondence with a Swedish man who may be coming along too.

Private email judyeparker@hotmail.com

We are retired, travel a lot, although this is my first trip outside my Western comfort zone!

Wiener Neustadt...
6 posts
1 review
6. Re: Omo valley in November

Hello Judy

is southern ethiopia tours UK firm? its not recognized by T online and yahoo and i couldn't find any reviews or recommendations on tripadvisor. would you please give me reference

Edited: 26 August 2016, 06:43
Wiener Neustadt...
6 posts
1 review
7. Re: Omo valley in November

I am contacting Jimmy from Swedish, that can be good option.

isnt it hard to take a tour which is not recognized by Tripadvisor? regarding trip to Africa I usually look for this on the tours.

Bristol
Level Contributor
174 posts
65 reviews
8. Re: Omo valley in November

I am fairly certain this company or at least the particular guide was recommended by Tripadvisor.

Try www.southernethiopiatours.com

Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Level Contributor
5,481 posts
83 reviews
9. Re: Omo valley in November

Judy that price is over 400 a day...

Will send you a few other options.

Addis Ababa...
Destination Expert
for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Level Contributor
5,481 posts
83 reviews
10. Re: Omo valley in November

Lidya there is no such thing as recognised by TA.

Reply to: Omo valley in November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Southern Nations...