We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Water Villa advice

Aberdeenshire...
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
Family Water Villa advice

Hello,

Does anyone have tips on what family water villa to ask for? I’ve read number 17/18 are a goof choice as at the end of the jetty. Does anyone have advice or experience with this? Also would love a sunset view or is it better to get a sunrise?

Tia

14 replies to this topic
1 post
11. Re: Family Water Villa advice

Hi, looks like great advice.

Babs - what beach bungalow do you recommend as I certainly wouldn't fancy looking at concrete Pipes for 10 days!

We are going 11 April 10 days - me, wife and daughter age 10

Thank you

Andy

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
6 reviews
12. Re: Family Water Villa advice

Lol! Andy believe me it’s not as bad as it might sound! The beach shelves very deeply on the sunset side so from memory you don’t even see them if you are lying on your beds in front of your room. It’s only when you get into the water on that stretch of beach that you would see them.....didn’t spoil my holiday by any means.

So, if you have booked a beach villa there are 2 runs of them sunrise side (no sea walls from memory?)lots of beach and sunset side (sea walls) .

Numbers of rooms are sunrise side 99 - 112 with 99 being closest to the deluxe watervillas.

Sunset side the numbers are 19 - 46 with 46 being next to the watersports hut. We were in 44 and loved it.

Our friends were at the other end of the row, maybe26? The beach in front of them was very eroded but they did have a little secluded bay in front of them as a result.

Not something I agree with at all, in fact I hate it, but they used to feed the fish about 6.00 every evening. If they still do it I have to admit it’s one way of getting to see the really big rays and sharks close up.

Happy to try and help if you have any further questions.

Babs.

Edited: 09 February 2018, 19:52
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
13. Re: Family Water Villa advice

We stayed in 17 and it was magic. Probably the best holiday I’ve had....

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
14. Re: Family Water Villa advice

No sunset but if you have kids go to the feeding fish at the coral bar and have a cocktail there and watch the sunset! X

Reply to: Family Water Villa advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Centara Grand Island