We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Weather

Hi there !

We go to centara grand island November 25th till December 10th. Can anyone tell me what the weather is like this time of year.

Thank you.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,772 posts
322 reviews
1. Re: Weather

Welcome to the forum.

November is in the wet season and the weather can be unsettled - you may have a mix of sun, showers, wind and storms. But it can’t be predicted for specific time periods on a specific island. Just go and enjoy! 😎

london
Level Contributor
602 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Weather

We have been for the last 12 years at exactly this time. Weather has always been good of course no one can predict the weather in my experience there will be some heavy showers that last about an hour every few days

perhaps 1 day full rain per week and also some heavy rain in the early morning while your asleep eg 4am

This is based on my experience but it has been fairly consistent last year there was no rain or showers for 2 weeks during the day

Many people say November / December is in the wet season this is not actually accurate it is the time of transition between the 2 monsoon seasons (monsoon means wind not rain) so in effect the winds start coming from the NE from November onwards in fact I believe November/ December are months with some of the least rainfall according to historical weather records.

My advice is not to worry about the weather it will be what it will be you should still get lots of sun and have a great time.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Weather

Thank you. Extremely helpful. 😍

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,772 posts
322 reviews
4. Re: Weather

You can also check the live weather in South Ari atoll using the live web cam on Lily Beach.

https:/…

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Weather

Thankyou very much. Excellent!

6. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2018, 23:45
Get answers to your questions about Centara Grand Island