We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Europeans making the trip to Centara Grand Isld April 2018

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
37 reviews
Europeans making the trip to Centara Grand Isld April 2018

My wife and I booked airfare from the US to Maldives via Moscow on Aeroflot. We arrive Maldives on Sunday April 22, 2018. We are staying for 11 nights and are curious if any European families may be on holiday at the same time. This will be our 4th visit to Maldives and we've historically connected will with Europeans and had a grand time! My wife and I are in our mid-upper 30s respectively and we are bringing our 4 year old son. We plan to utilize the kids club often to have our free time and then some nights with babysitting service in the room. We read many reviews that this resort caters heavily to Chinese. Nothing against Chinese, we have just noticed they have tended to stick to themselves in previous encounters and that certainly could be due to language barrier. In any event, if anyone else is making the big trip to Maldives - we'd love to hear from you! We will be there until May 3rd 2018 and are seriously considering booking Centara Grand Island. Looking forward to hearing back!

2 replies to this topic
Folkestone, United...
Level Contributor
2,886 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Europeans making the trip to Centara Grand Isld April 2018

Hi

I'd be very surprised if didn't find plenty of Europeans at Centara there don't seem to be as many Chinese these days or Russians

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
184 reviews
2. Re: Europeans making the trip to Centara Grand Isld April 2018

There were lots of Asian honeymooners when we were there. And the kids club was usually empty. We went in October. You may have more luck with children in April.

Reply to: Europeans making the trip to Centara Grand Isld April 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Centara Grand Island