We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buses

cork
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
buses

Hi,I'm travelling from cork to kilkenny for rod steward concert 25th june,staying in b/b in thomastown,is there a bus to thomastown from kilkenny Mcd juntion? Any other suggestions if no bus available?be arriving midday.thanks in advance for any help.

4 replies to this topic
Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buses

Hi Hazel. I am not sure what time you want to travel to Thomastown. If it is mid-day then you can either catch a bus from MCDonagh Junction (Buseireann service 73 to Waterford) at 12.00 or 17.50. Your other option would be the train. There are several trains a day and the last one leaves Kilkenny at 8.00 p.m. But if you want to get to Thomastown later than that I don't know of any late night public transport apart from a taxi.

cork
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buses

Thank you for reply, would I be best to get of bus in Waterford so rather then kilkenny, if so what bus brings me to thomastown from Waterford and where from if you know? Thanks for your help as I've never been there so don't have a clue.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,611 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buses

If you are travelling through Waterford from Cork, then it would make sense to change in Waterford. There is more choice of buses to Thomastown. As well as the 73 mentioned above which leaves Waterford at 9.40 and 15.15, there is also the 4 leaving at every two hours between 7 a.m. and 3.00 p.m. You would also have the choice of the train.

cork
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buses

Thank you so much you have been very helpful, I will get off in Waterford and get the 4 ,

Reply to: buses
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Thomastown