We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for the Titanic Trail in Cobh

Warwick, New York
Level Contributor
132 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Parking for the Titanic Trail in Cobh

We are going to be driving down to Cobh from Castletownroche on either a Thursday or Friday morning (in March). We wanted to walk around the town a little, and do the Titanic Trail before going to Fota Wildlife Park for the afternoon. My question is where would we be able to park down near The Commodore Hotel (that's where the Titanic Trail starts)? Paying for parking isn't an issue, I just don't want to get down there and drive around looking for a place to park. Thanks!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,382 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking for the Titanic Trail in Cobh

Never had much problem parking in Cobh the times I have been there. If you have to park up on the Cathederal car park it is a bout a 5 minute (but fairly steep) walk to the Commodore.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,915 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking for the Titanic Trail in Cobh

Even on a sunny Saturday over the summer, we've never had an issue parking in Cobh. There's lots of street parking.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,392 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking for the Titanic Trail in Cobh

Yes agreed, lots of street parking near the commodore and also beside the Cobh Heritage Centre ( 3 mins walk from Commodore), also huge carpark just 5 mins walk from the Commodore. If u need directions to this, let me know which direction you are coming from and I will give you route.

All parking spaces in Cobh are currently free.

Warwick, New York
Level Contributor
132 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking for the Titanic Trail in Cobh

Thanks everyone, I wasn't sure if it would be easy finding parking.

Bryno,

Directions to the car park would be great! We're coming in through Fota.

Thanks!

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking for the Titanic Trail in Cobh

When we where there, we parked near the cathedral :) It was free parking if I can remember correctly.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,392 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking for the Titanic Trail in Cobh

Directions to Cobh Free Car park from Fota. (total drive time 15 - 20 mins)

Drive out the Fota gate and turn right, over the bridge veering right, you will now have the sea on your right hand side for most of the journey. Drive about 10 minutes. As you approach Cobh look for the 'Great Gas' Petrol station on your left. Keep driving on this road for another 2 mins, look out for a green sign on your left 'Ringlee House - pre school', you will be taking the next right turn in less than a minute.

This right turn is signposted 'Free town car park'. When you turn do NOT follow the road veering around left as this is for coach parking, instead proceed with caution (you do not have right of way) straight ahead onto a small railway bridge and drive down towards the water. Keep driving, keeping the harbour to your right, you are now approaching the car park. Drive as far up to the top of the car park until you find a space to park

Once parked, continue walking in the same direction with harbour on your right and this will take you right to the Cobh Heritage Centre.

The car park is free and safe, but as in any area do not leave items of value visible in the car.

Edited: 04 February 2012, 15:02
Warwick, New York
Level Contributor
132 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking for the Titanic Trail in Cobh

Thank you Bryno!

3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking for the Titanic Trail in Cobh

Parking in cobh is only free for the 1st hour. After that you have to pay for it & you have a 2 hour limit to park in the town

3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking for the Titanic Trail in Cobh

Parking in cobh is only free for the 1st hour. After that you have to pay for it & you have a 2 hour limit to park in the town. They have a parking warden & he isn't one bit polite.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,392 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking for the Titanic Trail in Cobh

But parking in the large car park adjacent to the Heritage centre is unlimited (within reason) - I doubt they would allow overnight parking for example.

Get answers to your questions about Cobh