We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pubs in Cobh

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Pubs in Cobh

When do pubs close in Cobh? What are the best pubs in Cobh

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,571 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pubs in Cobh

The only pub I know is the one connected with The Watersedge hotel, and it has a nice terrace right on the water front. The Watersedge hotel is one minute walk from the the Cobh Heritage Centre. (Queenstown story)

There are not a huge number of pubs in Cobh so finding one you like should not be difficult.

Just have a look in the door and if it appeals to you go in, if not - keep walking.

Here is a general guideline on opening hours:

Closing time midweek is 11.30pm with half hour drinking up time.

Closing time on Friday and Saturday nights is 12.30am with half hour drinking up time.

Every pub shuts on Good Friday and Christmas Day. Alcohol cannot be purchased anywhere on these days.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,601 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pubs in Cobh

Personally I like the Bar in the Commodore but there's probably a dozen bars spread around town.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
181 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pubs in Cobh

Not too sure and bars but we have recently discovered Gilberts Resturant in the " square " in Cobh , they have a fab early bird menu from 5-7pm ( €20-24 ) and it is some of the best food I have eaten !!

Enjoy

cork
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Pubs in Cobh

There are lots of Pubs in Cobh !!! Probably the best one for tourists is Kellys Bar right in the middle. The owner Tom puts on regular live music during the day when the big liners are in and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

There is also the Quays Bar and Restaurant next to Watersedge hotel which is nice if its a sunny day - a bit rare for us here in Cobh though !

The Rob Roy Bar is young and lively and good for live bands on occasions.

I am from Cobh so please feel free to ask any other questions.

The usual closing time is 12.30 am but they have been known to close a bit later !

Edited: 19 July 2011, 18:25
Eire
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pubs in Cobh

A bit later...hahaha. I bet they do.

Its not very uncommon for people to get to the pub 20 mins before "closing time".

6. Re: Pubs in Cobh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 21:49