We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Over 50's Magazine/Media

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
16,748 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Over 50's Magazine/Media

The Shannon Region is targeting tourists over 50 (like me) with a "Senior Times" brochure. Senior!!

shannonregiontourism.com/media/…en.pdf

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
23,981 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Over 50's Magazine/Media

At least you remembered to tell us Tony :o))

Moosup, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Over 50's Magazine/Media

Poor choice for picture on 1page.of a senior magazine!!...are these 2 folks candidates for CPR after touring the cliffs ?? Otherwise lots of information not easily found . Hope I remember where I filed this

Thanx Tony.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,204 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Over 50's Magazine/Media

You, a tourist, Tony? Surely not

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
6,855 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Over 50's Magazine/Media

Thanks, Tony. Agree with Sissy: Lots of excellent information.

One aspect of the title strikes me and that is the difficulty with the term 'Shannon' in Shannon Region.

It must be very confusing for those not familiar with the geography of Ireland. Come to think of it, it is also very confusing for those who are.

There's the River Shannon, flowing all the way from Co Cavan in the north Midlands to the Shannon Estuary/mouth of the Shannon, involving Co Clare to the north and, to the south, Co Limerick and north Kerry:

planetware.com/map/river-shannon-map-irl-rsh…

Probably, focusing on Shannon as in Shannon Airport area is the way to go!

The area covered in the brochure is Clare, Limerick, north Tipperary and south Offaly.

Similar difficulties with the term Midlands or even Mid Ireland, which I came across recently.

After all of that, thanks again, Tony. Great resource.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
3,837 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Over 50's Magazine/Media

Wow, Tony, what a wealth of information there.

It is an invaluable guide for anyone visiting the area, no matter what their age.

Thanks for the link

6. Re: Over 50's Magazine/Media

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 20:13