We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malahide Dart Station Car park

Carrickmacross...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Malahide Dart Station Car park

Hi,

Just wondering if the Malahide Dart Car Park gets full early morning or would there be spaces still at 8am to 08:20am?

Travelling to work in Dublin Ballsbridge from Carrickmacross via car and it seems best option to get dart from Malahide to Ballsbridge but I do not know if the car park will have spaces at this time.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Mentioned in this post
Malahide
Malahide
County Dublin, Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Ballsbridge Hotel
Ballsbridge Hotel
2,607 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
8 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
24,746 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malahide Dart Station Car park

not really a suitable forum for this sort of query!

however, the park is small and you would be highly unlikely to find a space there. but you can park along the coast road , past the grand hotel, for 2€ per day.

Ireland
Level Contributor
650 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Malahide Dart Station Car park

I notice Collins Coaches are currently inviting suggestions for their 2015 timetable. It may be an idea to suggest an extension to Ballsbridge. I'm sure that along the coach route there may well be others travelling to the Ballsbridge area too.

http://www.collinscoaches.ie/

Hope this is of some help.

Mentioned in this post
Ballsbridge Hotel
Ballsbridge Hotel
2,607 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
Carrickmacross...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Malahide Dart Station Car park

Thanks for the feedback. I can go onto Portmarnock which has a larger car park if Malahide is full (smaller car park). Malahide is easier to get to off the M1 so was just curious if it was a viable option for parking.

May check it out myself early and if full can nip on down to Portmarnock anyhow.

Mentioned in this post
Malahide
Malahide
County Dublin, Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
24,746 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malahide Dart Station Car park

portmarnock car park does have more space but still gets pretty full. even malahide people use it! of course, there is a charge in these carparks. portmarnock is harder to reach than malahide. why not think of a shorter drive to drogheda or balbriggan?

geelong
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malahide Dart Station Car park

Actually, a great question for this sort of forum. We will be spending a month in Ireland in May and we were looking to stay a little out of Dublin and take the train in. I was wondering about parking in Malahide. Thanks for the tips everyone.

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Malahide
Malahide
County Dublin, Ireland
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,630 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malahide Dart Station Car park

One thing to be careful of in Malahide are the parking attendant or traffic wardens will issue a ticket to your Granny in a wheelchair so if you park illegally one or the other of them will sniff you out.

Mentioned in this post
Malahide
Malahide
County Dublin, Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
24,746 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malahide Dart Station Car park

moya. there is plenty of parking in malahide. so you would have no problem. if you are staying in malahide, there will be parking provided. other than that, and apart from on street parking, there is all day parking along the coast road for 2 € and also part for free. there is a free car park on the coast road too. there is a council car park beside railway bridge where you get first hour for free and 1€ per hour after that. there is also a free car park up at the castle front.

as regards wrappidos comment, ....well if you park illegally, you would deserve to get a parking ticket, so i personally would see no problems with the traffic wardens. in fact, they are a bit too lenient at times!

geelong
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malahide Dart Station Car park

Thanks everyone. We will be staying a little way out of Malahide, hence the need for parking. It sounds like it will be easier to park in Malahide than at home in Geelong (Australia). Looking forward to our second holiday in Ireland.

Mentioned in this post
Malahide
Malahide
County Dublin, Ireland
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Reply to: Malahide Dart Station Car park
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Malahide