We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good firework displays?

Belfast
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Any good firework displays?

My husband and I are staying in Malahide on the 31st October and 1st November. I would love to see a good firework display whilst we are there. I have been searching the web for any good firework displays but can't seem to find any (not even in Dublin). Does anybody have any good suggestions? Anywhere that is even close by to Malahide and accessible by the luas or dart? Many thanks

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,554 posts
1 review
1. Re: Any good firework displays?

Hasn't been an organised fireworks display on Halloween in Dublin for a long time.

Belfast
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Any good firework displays?

That's a shame. Belfast always have a few different ones organised. I love a good firework display!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
25,981 posts
78 reviews
3. Re: Any good firework displays?

kaz, you should well know that fireworks are banned in ireland. thank goodness! but you will possibly hear a few locals letting off illegaly imported rockets and bangers.

Edited: 24 October 2014, 17:17
Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
15,914 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: Any good firework displays?

Surely organised firework displays are legal? How about the fantastic one we have in Dingle for New Year?

Belfast
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: Any good firework displays?

Yes, fuchsia organised licenced firework displays are perfectly legal in Ireland, that's why I was wondering if there were any good ones about for Halloween, but it's not looking good!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
20,160 posts
73 reviews
6. Re: Any good firework displays?

Think you might have been better staying north, Derry or Newcastle so I am told.. you can get locked up for lighting a sparkler down here ;(

Belfast
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: Any good firework displays?

Ha ha! I'll be sure to keep my matches hidden!

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
15,914 posts
21 reviews
8. Re: Any good firework displays?

Well, I think it is a good thing, when I was little (in the UK) November 5th was bonfire night, and no other night would do.

The last few years it has been non stop fireworks from end of October to end of November, then again at Christmas and New Year. We used to know to keep the cats and dogs in for one night but lately it was never safe to let them out after dark. My old cat is terrified of fireworks, she likes it here.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,687 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Any good firework displays?

Nothing to stop you bringing a load down in your case and having your own one at the Marina or along the beach.

Ireland
Level Contributor
12,652 posts
127 reviews
10. Re: Any good firework displays?

Errrr...apart from it being illegal???

Get answers to your questions about Malahide