We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

malahide is it for us?

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
9 reviews
malahide is it for us?

hi there we normaly stay in dublin but we fancied a change this year, will there be enough music nightlife for us in malahide , we enjoy live bands traditional music also a decent pub meal any advise would be appriciated thanks

5 replies to this topic
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
31,883 posts
1. Re: malahide is it for us?

I'd stay in Dublin if I were you.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
170 reviews
2. Re: malahide is it for us?

Unfortunately, I would have to agree with lordkimmage. Malahide will not have what you are specificaly looking for, but it is great in every other respect.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
10,665 posts
226 reviews
3. Re: malahide is it for us?

You can get all that you have mentioned and more in Malahide, you just wouldn't have the choice that you have in the city centre. Why don't you take a trip out there one of your days in Dublin, stay have a few drinks and some food and suss it out - see if its a place you would like to stay in on another visit.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
159 reviews
4. Re: malahide is it for us?

Malahide is well worth a visit but wouldn't be a great spot for music nightlife. That said there is live music offered in some of the pubs - see links below:

http://www.gibneys.com/index.html

duffys.ie/live-bands-dublin-pubs-november-20…

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
159 reviews
5. Re: malahide is it for us?

Malahide is well worth a visit (well serviced by rail & bus) but is not a great spot for music nightlife.

That said, at least 2 pubs offer limited live music - Gibneys and Fowlers - you'll find them on Google.

Oops - posted twice after message that first one had failed!

Edited: 29 November 2014, 03:10
Reply to: malahide is it for us?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Malahide