We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday night in malahide

belfast
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Sunday night in malahide

Just booked an overnight for my husbands birthday for a Sunday evening- hoping someone could suggest a nice place for dinner ( somewhere special as a birthday treat) and a few pubs to visit which may be busy on a Sunday?

Many thanks

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
31,922 posts
1. Re: Sunday night in malahide

On a Sunday night, the local hotel is where it's at.

www.thegrand.ie/

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
170 reviews
2. Re: Sunday night in malahide

There is no restaurant in Malahide that I have been to, that I would consider 'special' in the way I think you mean it, but there are a lot of nice restaurants, with a wide variety of cuisines. I like the Greedy Goose (tapas style) and Siam Thai, but there are many other good quality restaurants. There is the Coast Restaurant in the Grand Hotel and Bon Appetit, which are a bit more expensive and might be in line with what you are looking for, but I have not eaten in either of them. Have a read of TA reviews of Malahide restaurants and it might guide you.

www.enjoymalahide.com/eating/restaurants/…

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
335 reviews
3. Re: Sunday night in malahide

Having just returned from Malahide I can highly recommend Hush Brasserie. Fantastic food, wonderful service and ambience. Suitable venue for any occasion, in my opinion.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
159 reviews
4. Re: Sunday night in malahide

I've always found Sale e Pepe in the centre of Malahide village to be a good spot - good menu selection, nice surroundings and not too big in size (see reviews). The Coast Restaurant in the Grand Hotel is nice too but is much bigger and more suited to large groups or, for convenience, guests in the hotel. Neither of these venues are cheap but they do give value for money.

Bon Appetit restaurant is more up market, if you like "nouvelle cuisine". Have been there a few times but think it's overpriced for what you get. My wife dislikes spicy food, hence we avoid Thai / Indian.

Fowler's pub is nice for a drink as is the bar in the Grand Hotel. If you are looking for bigger crowds, try Gibneys or Duffys.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
26,022 posts
78 reviews
5. Re: Sunday night in malahide

geisha in the marina is one of the best places to eat in malahide.

6. Re: Sunday night in malahide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2017, 22:48
Get answers to your questions about Malahide