We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Malahide

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
120 reviews
Parking in Malahide

For our last night in Ireland, we will be staying in Swords near Dublin Airport. Having done some research, I've found a restaurant in Malahide village that I think would be a nice place for a last dinner in Ireland. However, I get the feeling online that parking in Malahide can be difficult to impossible. If it matters, this would be on a Tuesday evening in mid-June, probably arriving around 5:30 and needing to park for about two hours. Is it realistic to expect to park my rental car in Malahide for dinner, or should I return my rental car early and continue to Malahide by taxi and/or public transit? (I see that there is a public bus between Swords and Malahide.) Thanks in advance for any tips.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,688 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Parking in Malahide

You could always park in the Malahide Castle car park or the Dart Station and pay the few euros for parking.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
31,955 posts
2. Re: Parking in Malahide

This hotel, at that time of day would have parking.

www.thegrand.ie/

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
7,112 posts
79 reviews
3. Re: Parking in Malahide

We used on street parking on my visit to Malahide, but the other suggestions are better.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
170 reviews
4. Re: Parking in Malahide

You will have no problem getting parking in Malahide. There is on street 'Pay & Display' parking available - €1.00 per hour, and this only applies up to 6.00PM. So if you arrive in Malahide, anytime after 5.00PM, the most that you will have to pay for parking is €1.00, and you can leave the car parked as long as you want after 6.00PM. If you park, as suggested in the DART train station park, it will cost you €4.00. Enjoy your meal, there are many good restaurants in Malahide, and if you feel up to a walk after your meal, there is a lovely two mile coastal walk from Malahide to Portmarnock, especially if the weather is nice. You could also drive that route to Portmarnock, where there is a magnificent beach.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
26,111 posts
78 reviews
5. Re: Parking in Malahide

if you use the castle car park beside the railway bridge, you will get an hours free parking, after 1900 there is no charge. so park there at 1730, pop in 50 cents and you will be covered up till 1900, and then you will need to pay nothing else.

where do you intend eating? if you go to geisha in the marina, they have free customer parking. silks restaurant, and also siam have small customer parking spaces too. another good place is the gourmet food parlour in the football club property along the coast. good food, terrific views and free parking. oscat taylors along the coast road also have free parking both on their grounds and on the road outside.

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
1 review
6. Re: Parking in Malahide

Malahide is busy at weekend nights but weekdays you can park easily at this time. There is a car park at the train station another very large one at the Grand Hotel. Lots of on Street Parking....pay by the hour. There is also another large car park at the Bridge just opposite the train station. It is only at certain times and large events that there can be a problem. Its no different then most small towns in this way. Hope this helps for others as I see you were here earlier in the year. Hope you enjoyed your evening in our lovely town.

7. Re: Parking in Malahide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 12:47
Get answers to your questions about Malahide