We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So...here we come!

Level Contributor
100 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
So...here we come!

Hello,

I would appreciate any advice, wisdom, suggestions on things to include or even random thoughts on our plans for our week's stay in Kenmare!

I will be arriving in Shannon on June 25 with a group of friends and family, teens on up, 13 in total. We'll be self-catering in Kenmare for a week. We have booked a coach service to pick us up at the airport and provide day transportation. I posted a few months back for advice on which day trips to take and the general opinion was that among the choice of tours, all would be enjoyable, although some might make for a long day.

Here's what we've come up with:

Saturday, June 25 AM pick-up at Shannon, visit Adare on the way to Kenmare. (Anything else you think would be a good stop along the way?)

Sunday-Friday We'll spend one day at each of the following, but don't have any certain order for which place each day :

1) Dingle and Slea Head drive

2) R of K, hope to visit Skellig chocolates and Kissane's sheep farm on this day, (or put sheep farm on the Killarney day?)

3) Killarney National Park

4 )Blarney Castle and Gougane Barra

5) Midleton and Cobh (Have been advised this is a long drive!)

6)Wednesday will be a 1/2 day to most likely either Derrynane Beach or Gleninchaquin (and the Secret Tea Room!) .

On Sunday we'll stop at the Rock of Cashel on the drive to Dublin.

That's the plan, which is still flexible.

So what do you think? Are there any places that would be better to visit on a particular day of the week? I know our driver will have great suggestions for Pubs and restaurants, but do you have a favorite that we should try to include?

I am beyond excited for this trip! 11 of the 13 in our group have not visited Ireland before, and I will have the pleasure of watching them experience its' wonders for the first time. Thank you for looking this over, and thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Yellow Springs, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: So...here we come!

I didn't know the name of the Breadcrumb shop but I visited it often, too. The owners of Poff's are long-time Kenmare folks and the local people speak highly of them, too.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
117 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: So...here we come!

The couple that ran the Breadcrumb were from northern Italy. I liked them & we were addicted to the almond croissants. Good on the locals making a go in that space -- will check them out when we get back to Kenmare.

13. Re: So...here we come!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2017, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about Kenmare