We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B & B's and hotels on Ireland's West Coast

Winterport, Maine
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
B & B's and hotels on Ireland's West Coast

My husband and are planning a trip to Ireland in mid to late August, flying into Shannon. We want to visit Limerick, Killarney, Cork and other towns and would like to book some rooms but don't know where to stay. In 2011 we stayed at B&B's but they were in the country and would like to stay closer to town. Hotels are also an option for us. Getting in with jet lag we plan on staying close to the airport the first day. Any suggestions?

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,339 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B & B's and hotels on Ireland's West Coast

If you list the towns, people can make suggestions. August is high season and some of the better places may fill quickly.What's your nightly budget?

Virginia
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B & B's and hotels on Ireland's West Coast

I too have learned to look for B&Bs that are within a safe walk into towns. It's generally easy to accomplish though sometimes I have to contact them and ask specifically because the information isn't on their website nor mentioned in reviews.

Virginia
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B & B's and hotels on Ireland's West Coast

Hotels aren't always in town, so I'd suggest looking closely at locations too.

Edited: 09 May 2016, 02:22
Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,019 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B & B's and hotels on Ireland's West Coast

The drive from Shannon to Limerick takes about 20 minutes and its all either motorway type road or urban road. So my suggestion would be to drive straight into Limerick.

If you want central, then the Strand Hotel is on the Ennis Road (airport side of the city) in a perfect location overlooking the River. The food is excellent there. And its about 2 minutes walk to the city centre.

http://www.strandhotellimerick.ie/

If you are looking for a B&B then Glen Eagles is in Vereker Gardens just around the corner from the Strand Hotel http://www.limerick.ie/Glen-Eagles Its about 5 minutes walk from the city centre.

Both of these are in a very safe, nice area (and very close to the maternity hospital!!).

Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: B & B's and hotels on Ireland's West Coast

Loved Robeen House B&B in Killarney

Virginia
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: B & B's and hotels on Ireland's West Coast

I too have stayed at Robeen House and highly recommend it.

Winterport, Maine
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: B & B's and hotels on Ireland's West Coast

Around $100 per night.

8. Re: B & B's and hotels on Ireland's West Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2017, 09:47