We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel between Kenmare and Dublin Ireland

Ottawa
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Travel between Kenmare and Dublin Ireland

On Sunday June 26th I will finish a walking holiday in Kenmare and need to return to Dublin to join another group early on June 27th. I have looked at the train and bus schedule and see that there is a train between Killarney and Dublin on June 26th but there doesn't appear to be a bus from Kenmare to Killarney. Is there any way to travel between Kenmare and Killarney on June 26th?

Thanks!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,910 posts
88 reviews
1. Re: Travel between Kenmare and Dublin Ireland

The bus timetable doesn't go as far as the 26th June but on the previous Sunday (19th June) you can get a bus at 16h00 from Kenmare to Killarney Bus Station, arriving at 16h45.

If you check the Journey Planner on the Bus Eireann Website after Easter the 26th will be included and you'll most likely get confirmation that the same bus will be running on the 26th June

www.buseireann.ie Alternatively take a taxi.

Galway
Level Contributor
19 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: Travel between Kenmare and Dublin Ireland

there is also a taxi option.

kenmare,kerry,irelan...
Level Contributor
41 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Travel between Kenmare and Dublin Ireland

The summer bus timetable possible starts that day,so there will be buses leaving for Killarney at 12:30,14:00 and 16:00.If not there will be only one bus at 16:00.Try phoning Bus Eireann in Killarney on 003536630011.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Travel between Kenmare and Dublin Ireland

Thanks so much for the information. I am now confident that I can get where I need to go on time - a great relief!

Level Contributor
225 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Travel between Kenmare and Dublin Ireland

Although the summer timetable hasn't been released there are usually at least two buses on a Sunday which tie in with the train schedules - if memory serves me, one at 12.30 which gets to Killarney in time for the 14.20 train and another at 16.00 which will allow you to take the 17.44 or 18.26 train.

6. Re: Travel between Kenmare and Dublin Ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2017, 12:48
Get answers to your questions about Kenmare