We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gleninchaquin location?

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Gleninchaquin location?

I'm confused about the actual location of the park. The map on Tripadvisor shows it northwest of Kenmare, directly west of Molls Gap, but the map on the park's website shows it being southwest of Kenmare. I would assume the website is correct, but I wanted to make sure. Thanks for your help!

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
9,026 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gleninchaquin location?

Gleninchaquin is southwest of Kenmare and the map on the website is absolutely useless.

Take the R571 from Kenmare along the southern bank of the Kenmare River and turn left after the village of Lohart, the park should be signposted from there.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gleninchaquin location?

Thanks for the directions - much appreciated!

Kenmare, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kenmare
Level Contributor
288 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gleninchaquin location?

Gleninchaquin is on the R571 and is about 6km from The Sailors Bar on the south side of Kenmare Bay.

It is well signposted, also the road from the main road up to Gleninchaquin is very narrow and windy but is a beautiful drive. There is no "village" of Lohart it is a townland and there are no signs for it on the main road.

Timbo......

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
9,026 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gleninchaquin location?

Thanks for the clarification. Lohart is marked as a place on my road map...

Yellow Springs, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gleninchaquin location?

Also, it's a little confusing when you get up to the Uragh Stone Circle. You actually keep going for another few miles past the stone circle. Also, be sure to visit the Secret Tea Room at Gleninchinaquin. It's owned by a relative (brother, I think) of the owner of the park. They don't get along well so don't bother asking where the Tea Room is. Just go about 100 yards past their building and there it is on your right. They have the best apple pie and acones in all of Ireland!

6. Re: Gleninchaquin location?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2016, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Kenmare