We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel time from Dingle to Kenmare

Long Island
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Travel time from Dingle to Kenmare

Driving to Dingle from Dublin in for November ( Friday - Sunday ) . Wondering if a drive to Kenmare and Sneem ( hometowns of my grandparents ) is doable . My son needs to get back to UCD by Sunday night . Too much driving? ? Thanks !

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
15,977 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Travel time from Dingle to Kenmare

Dublin to Dingle on the Friday will ltake around five hours. Dingle to Kenmare on Saturday will be two hours plus just under an hour more to Sneem. Dingle back to Dublin on Sunday another five hours. With only eight or nine hours daylight you will be on the road most of the daylight hours.

You wont see much of Dingle. Why not stay in Kenmare if that is where you want to be?

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
527 reviews
2. Re: Travel time from Dingle to Kenmare

It is a shorter drive from Dublin to Kenmare, taking approximately four hours.

Great to previous poster and suggested you stay in Kenmare, and touring out as far as Killarney, sneem, and doing part of the Ring of Kerry

Boston...
Level Contributor
17 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: Travel time from Dingle to Kenmare

I'm curious how accurate Google Driving duration's are to reality? Kenmare to Sneem shows me 30 minutes drive, but of course that doesnt factor in traffic. Im planning a driving trip around Ireland for next fall and understanding how accurate the travel times are will be helpful;.

Yellow Springs, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
71 reviews
4. Re: Travel time from Dingle to Kenmare

30 minutes from Kenmore to Sneem is not realistic. 45 minutes would be pushing it. I usually use the AA Routefinder to get distances and times. Their times are a little more realistic than Googles estimates.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
117 posts
61 reviews
5. Re: Travel time from Dingle to Kenmare

Google can be overly optimistic, but 30 minutes is reasonable for Sneem to Kenmare, In my experience, traffic usually is not an issue on that stretch of the N70, unless you get stuck behind a very slow vehicle.

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
16,465 posts
27 reviews
6. Re: Travel time from Dingle to Kenmare

I'd say 45 minutes or so.... http://www.theaa.ie/routes/ is what I use too and my advise would be to add about 20% to the driving time...the KMs are very accurate though...

Edited: 26 December 2015, 05:45
Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,976 posts
7. Re: Travel time from Dingle to Kenmare

The journey from Killarney is roughly 45 minutes

Take the N22 towards Macroom

Follow signs off N22 for Castletownbere / Kenmare

8. Re: Travel time from Dingle to Kenmare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2016, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Kenmare