We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Ring of Kerry day

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
668 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Our Ring of Kerry day

Although we had a hire car, we decided that this would be a much more pleasant day for the driver ( my hubby), the nervous passenger ( me), if we hired someone to drive us. We contacted Paul Brown at Brown's taxi service in Kenmare. He provided an amazing service. We spent nine hours with him in his eight seater mini van, taking us totally stress free on a customised tour of County Kerry. His local history and geography knowledge is outstanding and he took us to places that coaches couldn't have accessed and places that we wouldn't have known about anyway. My husband was free to enjoy the drive and it was so much more meaningful to have a guide all long the way, so that we knew what we were looking at. I would certainly recommend this way of seeing The Ring of Kerry and the surrounding beautiful area.

Clifton Park,NY
Level Contributor
801 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Ring of Kerry day

thank you for the report. May I ask how much it cost?

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
668 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our Ring of Kerry day

It was €275 for the day and well worth it.

Kenmare, Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our Ring of Kerry day

Hi Veropalo, I hadn't realised that you had posted on the Kenmare Forum also, I am very appreciative of your kind comments and absolutely delighted that you took the time to share your experience with other Tripadvisor users. My alternative Ring of Kerry Tour is being very well received.

I hope the rest of your trip went well.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
668 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our Ring of Kerry day

No problem, Paul. The rest of our trip was great and Rob is happily planning our next jaunt.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
18 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our Ring of Kerry day

Definitely thank you for your post! I had been wondering how the driver could enjoy this experience! We also will want to take the interesting side trips the tours can't see. How long did your tour take? What time of year (and does that even matter as to how crowded the road might be?) We will be going the end of May/first of June next year.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
668 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our Ring of Kerry day

We booked Paul from 9 to 6. Basically he does what you want. So the longer you spend in one place ie having lunch, the fewer or shorter other stops he can make. The day is tailor made for you by you. You'll have a great day.

7. Re: Our Ring of Kerry day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2016, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Kenmare