We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would like to hire private car/tour guide from Portrush

Charlotte, North...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Would like to hire private car/tour guide from Portrush

Hello! We are going to be staying in Portrush in a few weeks, and all of the tours of the Giant's Causeway, etc. leave from Belfast. Are there any private cars for hire?

22 replies to this topic
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
4,353 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would like to hire private car/tour guide from Portrush

Very easy to do yourself with the 402 Rambler bus running every 30mins.

Level Contributor
445 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Would like to hire private car/tour guide from Portrush

exactly there is a bus called the causeway coast rambler the service number is 402 and goes from Portrush to giants causeway etc all public Transport in Northern Ireland is operated by "translink" (www,translink.co.uk) go to the translink site type into the Journey planner "Portrush Dunluce Avenue" to Giants Causeway the aird the nook this is the bus stops you need for departure and arrival and this way you can figure out your Journey plus you can buy on the bus a day ticket were you can hop on and off for £9.00

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
7 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would like to hire private car/tour guide from Portrush

Hi, I recommend a hire car from Belfast, this will bring you to Portrush, I live in Portrush and from there to the Giants Causeway is about a 10-15 minute drive. The Bushmills Distillery can also be done.

Level Contributor
445 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Would like to hire private car/tour guide from Portrush

why hire a car when the OP is going to be In Portrush and the 402 Causeway Coast Ulsterbus rambler has a good service to the Giants Causeway ? I am originally from Coleraine myself so I do know the area well

Arvada, Colorado
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Would like to hire private car/tour guide from Portrush

We would like to do the same, but not just to go to Giant's Causeway but to anywhere we can go in an 8-10 hour day.

Can anyone recommend a professional company/service that offers private car/driver from Portrush?

I've read a bunch of other posts and

1) realize there is public transportation and other options to get around, but we do not want to rely on public transport and potentially miss a bus, connection, etc and not make it back to port/our ship on time;

2) we don't want to rent a car because my husband would like to be able to see the views and not have to keep his eyes on the road;

3)we don't want to be tied in to a specific tour because we are avid hikers and would like to be able to get out and move around for as long as we want at the various sites we visit and not be limited to a 15 minute stop etc.

4) we'd like to stop at Bushmill's and well, drinking and driving is never a good idea!

5) we only have 8-10 hours and want to do what we want to do and squeeze in as much as possible.

Thanks for any advice!

Level Contributor
445 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Would like to hire private car/tour guide from Portrush

sorry but Public Transport is your only Option and you wont miss a bus as the buses are hourly you plan your day down load the Translink app onto your mobile phone (Translink operate the Public Transport in Northern Ireland) if you go to www.translink.co.uk and play around with the Journey planner you will see yourself how often the buses are

County Londonderry...
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland, County Donegal
Level Contributor
3,428 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Would like to hire private car/tour guide from Portrush

Sheryl try emailing this company, they are good.

http://belfastblackcabtours.co.uk/

Level Contributor
445 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Would like to hire private car/tour guide from Portrush

I dont see the point when the bus is regular with a little planning you can get back to the ship on time

Comber, United...
Level Contributor
638 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Would like to hire private car/tour guide from Portrush

Public transport is NOT your only option.

It sounds like Sheryl will be arriving to Portrush on a cruise ship. They will want to get going as soon as they have arrived and may even want to venture off the bus route.

A private hire driver is an expensive option but it is a viable one. I have no personal experience of these services in NI but a google search for "chauffeur services Portrush" will bring up a number of options. Unfortunately this may be the best advice you will get as nobody else seems to be able to actually answer your query.

CP

Edited: 12 August 2018, 23:23
Arvada, Colorado
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Would like to hire private car/tour guide from Portrush

Thank you CP!! Much appreciated!!

Reply to: Would like to hire private car/tour guide from Portrush
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Portrush