We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best location for Beach Villa

Save Topic
Best location for Beach Villa

Hi, We have booked to stay in a beach villa in March/April this year. Could anyone advise me where the best location is? We would like it reasonably quiet, but mainly we would like the beach and a good view of the sea rather than trees blocking the view. Thanks for any help

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
463 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best location for Beach Villa

Almost all the beach villas (with the possible exception of a couple on the very east end of the island) have trees in front of them but there are not enough trees to completely block your view from the room. Of course, you can position the sun beds to get a clear view through any trees.

The north side is the quiter side since it doesn't have the service jetty and guest jetty of the south side but the north side gets less sun.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best location for Beach Villa

deancitraveller, I feel the need to ask what is possibly a very blond question...how does the north side get lss sun? That doesn't make any sense to me...and isn't something, in practical terms, that I've noticed...

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
463 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best location for Beach Villa

The sun itself is always to the south. As a result, the south side gets the sun directly shining on it. For example, the one time we stayed on the south side, the sun was shining directly into the patio area of the beach villa which made the patio area very hot. There would still be some shade on the south side provided by the shadow of the trees. All other times we have stayed on the north side. On that side, because the sun is south of the island, the roof over the patio makes the patio area shady and more bearable temperature-wise. It also means that when the sun is low in the sky as afternoon turns to evening, there is relatively little direct sun on the north side as compared to the south side.

Hope this clarifies my previous comment.

4. Re: Best location for Beach Villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2018, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Vilamendhoo
Recent Conversations
More Vilamendhoo Topics