We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kapalua Villas

Chicago
Level Contributor
16 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
Kapalua Villas

We will be in Maui the week of Thanksgiving and have decided to stay in the Kapalua condos based on everyone's rave reviews. Criteria is a modern condo (especially kitchen & bath) that has a decent view of the ocean.

Questions:

1. Would best order to consider be Bay Villas, then Ridge, and lastly Golf?

2. To be assured of a modern condo, go w/ a gold villa, yes?

3. Looks like you need to book through Outrigger to officially have access to Ritz pool, etc. - is that true or can you use the pool if you book through Costco or VRBO, too?

4. My concern w/ booking through Outrigger is not knowing what the condo looks like that we will get... Any opinion on going through VRBO (known quantity and probably better pricing) vs. Outrigger? I wouldn't want to pay for a gold unit on Outrigger and end up being disappointed w/ the view or condo.

5. If anyone has any experiences booking these through Costco, please let me know.

Seems like these condos are not nearly at capacity the week of Thanksgiving and I'd like to figure out a way to get the most bang for our buck, especially in this challenging economy!

Any input that others have in this regard would be appreciated.

columbus, ohio
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Kapalua Villas

We book through Ridge Realty, (Kapalua Vacations). We have had good luck with them. They have upgraded and 'non-upgraded' units. I don't think you get to use Ritz pool, (but I doubt they would check for an ID) Check out their website to view units. Kapaluavacations.com

St. Paul
3 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Kapalua Villas

I am going to Maui this fall and read your comments about Kapalua Bay Villas. Could you please tell me which buildings are closest to the ocean? Thanks much.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
11,875 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Kapalua Villas

If you go on Quam realty website that manages some of the villas- they have maps on their site that shows all the buildings by number. FYI- this is an old post and I believe if you go through Outrigger you no longer get to use the Ritz pools. Each villa area has there own pools though. I personally like going through VRBO or other management company - much better deal!

S.F. Bay Area
Level Contributor
3,007 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Kapalua Villas

Here's a link to the bay villa's plat map Also, you can use Google maps in satellite mode or Google earth in conjunction with the linked map as a reference.

www.luxuryrealestatemaui.com/bv-map.asp

Hope this helps.

Aloha, NKO

15. Re: Kapalua Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 05:10