We will be in Maui the week of Thanksgiving and have decided to stay in the Kapalua condos based on everyone's rave reviews. Criteria is a modern condo (especially kitchen & bath) that has a decent view of the ocean.
1. Would best order to consider be Bay Villas, then Ridge, and lastly Golf?
2. To be assured of a modern condo, go w/ a gold villa, yes?
3. Looks like you need to book through Outrigger to officially have access to Ritz pool, etc. - is that true or can you use the pool if you book through Costco or VRBO, too?
4. My concern w/ booking through Outrigger is not knowing what the condo looks like that we will get... Any opinion on going through VRBO (known quantity and probably better pricing) vs. Outrigger? I wouldn't want to pay for a gold unit on Outrigger and end up being disappointed w/ the view or condo.
5. If anyone has any experiences booking these through Costco, please let me know.
Seems like these condos are not nearly at capacity the week of Thanksgiving and I'd like to figure out a way to get the most bang for our buck, especially in this challenging economy!
Any input that others have in this regard would be appreciated.