We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forum Meet Up Meal on 13th or 14th February 2014.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,515 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Forum Meet Up Meal on 13th or 14th February 2014.

We have been discussing this on another thread, but that was titled the 14th, so am starting a new one. Quite a few posters are there at this time, so a good opportunity to have a meal together if people are interested.

These are the posters I know of who are there on these dates, so need to decide on day and time. Plaza Gardens buffet Meet Up lunch on 1st August was successful, and the food there suits most people, so seems a good choice. Lunch may be better than dinner if people want to see Dreams, and not eat late if they have young children. The other option is Restaurant Des Stars buffet in the Studios Park, which I think is smaller than Plaza Gardens.

---

Indigo Crunch. 9th - 14th.

rapunzel2013. 10th - 14th.

DisneyFan1985. 10th - 14th

Welshie659. 11th - 16th.

Figgy. 11th - 14th.

lilacDublin. 12th - 16th.

laura86187069. 12th - 16th.

jofar10. 13th - 17th

sharon s. 13th - 17th.

katiejane333. 13th - 17th.

jaffabelle2012. arrives 14th.

sarah R. arrives 14th.

----

So the possibilties are late lunch on the 13th if jofar, sharon and katiejane arrive in time, or lunch on the 14th. I am assuming that Magic On Parade will begin at 5pm if it is the same as last year. Dreams will begin at park closing time, 7pm. Plaza Gardens tend to be very busy after DMOP ends with people wanting dinner before Dreams, and the same in the Village restaurants.

Stars n Cars Parade in the Studios is likely to begin at 1.45pm, so people could still see this if they are in this park if we booked lunch for 2.30pm, and allow people to see DMOP as well at 5pm.

We could do dinner outside the park at 8pm, even maybe Cafe Mickey, but that may be too late for some.

You can only make an ADR for up to 10 people, so will need to do this in different names once we know how many wish to join in.

Please state if you would like to be included, and for how many persons (including any highchairs).

Edited: 16 December 2013, 22:09
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
375 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Forum Meet Up Meal on 13th or 14th February 2014.

Oh wow, that's some amount of forum members there at the same time. I guess Friday lunch time would cover everyone being there. Plaza Gardens is central and the buffet style is good as people will be up and out of seats anyway, making it easier to mingle than in a sit down restaurant. You can count us in, 2 adults, 4 kids.

South East England...
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Forum Meet Up Meal on 13th or 14th February 2014.

We haven't yet decided how we are travelling and if we are going to stay the full six days (budget constraints!) but if we are there we would love to join you - might only be ds & I or could be my friend & her son too. Is it easier to book us in now and then we might have to drop out or see nearer the time and add us on if we're still in the parks on that day? Sorry to be a pain!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
751 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Forum Meet Up Meal on 13th or 14th February 2014.

we arrive late on 13th, and have booked Café Mickey for 12 on 14th as it Ds 9th birthday and know he will love the characters bringing him a cake.

I would love to pop along and meet some forum members if time allows so will keep an eye on this thread and hopefully get to meet some of you who have helped me with all my planning.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
339 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Forum Meet Up Meal on 13th or 14th February 2014.

I am in a similar position, as we are travelling with friends, so don't know if we'll have lunch together. But I wondered if myself and dh and dd could pop by for a drink while you guys eat your lunch? I'd love to meet you all!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,515 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Forum Meet Up Meal on 13th or 14th February 2014.

You can't usually just buy drinks in a buffet restaurant as people could abuse it and eat food as well.

I think jofar and family will join in on the Friday so with welshie as well this makes 12 people so far.

I will give my mobile number to anyone there on my dates so we can still meet up to say hello if they can't join in the meal.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,515 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Forum Meet Up Meal on 13th or 14th February 2014.

Indigo - we can include 4 places for you in the booking then just text me on the day if you decide not to come so I can tell the restaurant.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,515 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Forum Meet Up Meal on 13th or 14th February 2014.

They did allow a poster to join us in PG in August without eating as she was fasting during the day for Religious reasons. But this could depend on the CM on the front desk. They were very helpful last time, and showed people to our tables as they arrived.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
339 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Forum Meet Up Meal on 13th or 14th February 2014.

Ok well if you let me know the time of the meet up we'll try and come in to see you! Would be lovely!

South East England...
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Forum Meet Up Meal on 13th or 14th February 2014.

Thanks Figgy, that sounds like a plan!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,515 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Forum Meet Up Meal on 13th or 14th February 2014.

Well, it won't be the same without you there Indigo!