We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Covid testing 12 year old, where to self isolate

Level Contributor
147 posts
8 reviews
19 helpful votes
Help with Covid testing 12 year old, where to self isolate
Save

Sorry to add another Covid testing post but this forum is always so helpful and I need to decide if we still go ahead with outlets trip in October half term. We are two adults, a 12 year old and 8 year old. Entering France on the Sunday, staying at the explorers overnight then non-fri Disney (4 nights f days in the park) then an overnight hotel in lens before getting the eurotunnel back. Can anyone share their experience of testing? When and how often we need to get it done. My husband and I are fully vaccinated. Also if you test postive when you are away where do you stay? I will need to check my insurance to see if I am covered for that. Thanks

6 replies to this topic
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Help with Covid testing 12 year old, where to self isolate
Save

My 13 year old needed an antigen going out

My 10 year old didn’t

We all needed a antigen to come home plus we all needed a Day 2 test (today)

Both adults fully vaccinated

I believe the testing for teens is changing soon and I think they need one every 48 hours , could maybe take an extra antigen test with you

All our antigen test were the self administered C19 testing tests bought online x

Hampton, United...
Level Contributor
6,243 posts
17 reviews
29 helpful votes
2. Re: Help with Covid testing 12 year old, where to self isolate
Save

For the pass Sanitaire the test has to be a PCR and must be taken every 48 hours. You can enter the country on an antigen test (we call this lateral flow), a little strange being different but hey. As for how many well the 12 year old will need one every 48 hours. Not quite sure how they get the results quickly enough for this when ours are all sent off to a central lab.

Rennes, France
Level Contributor
9,017 posts
17 reviews
11 helpful votes
3. Re: Help with Covid testing 12 year old, where to self isolate
Save

#2 is not quite right. For the pass sanitaire,antigen tests are fine and are valid for 72 hours. Currently the pass is not required for a 12 year old. It's far too early to know what will be required in October.

Level Contributor
147 posts
8 reviews
19 helpful votes
4. Re: Help with Covid testing 12 year old, where to self isolate
Save

Thank you everyone with your replies. It’s hard to get your head around all the different rules so really appreciate you taking the time to help. It’s helping me plan in my head what to do so if they announce changes from now on I can keep on top of it. I wish they would just test you once if you are staying in a dlp hotel and not going off site but that won’t happen yet.

3 posts
5. Re: Help with Covid testing 12 year old, where to self isolate
Save

Hi Kerrie, are you saying the C19 self administered antigen test was accepted at the French border for your 13 year old on arrival? We are the same in that both of us are fully vaccinated and we have one child who will need a negative test within 24 hours of departure and one that won't. I've read something about self-administered tests not being accepted at the border from mid-July. Do you mind my asking when it was you travelled? thanks in advance!

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Help with Covid testing 12 year old, where to self isolate
Save

Hi we traveled 16 - 19 August with Air France

They accepted our C19 testing self administered test yes

They was very thoroughly checked at check in but it was the dates and times they was checking x

We used the same company for return testing for all x

Reply to: Help with Covid testing 12 year old, where to self isolate
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.