We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Useful tips for a young family?

Maidstone
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Useful tips for a young family?

Hi everyone

I hope it's ok to post as this is my first time on this forum! In 3 weeks my husband and I will be going to Disneyland Paris for the first time since having our children aged almost 3 and 16 months. We are staying in the Santa Fe where we stayed 8 years ago and travelling with friends who have a 13 month and 4 year old. I'm usually so organised but life has been busy I've not had time to do any of the research I like to. I've had a quick dip into some of the forum posts and as such bought a buggy lock this morning but ideally I'm looking for any useful tips, advice or things to plan ahead to make the trip extra special. I'm just finalising our meal plan arrangements. We are going to go half board standard as the kids eat free at the buffets anyway and it will never work them sharing our food in a table service restaurant. I need to book our restaurants but not sure if I've left it too late? Also I managed to find an online flyer of parades etc but everything Only seems to go up to November at the moment..does anyone know when the December one is released? Sorry I know a lot of questions and I'm not sure if such a generic advice post is allowed but anything you can offer will be gratefully received. My daughter can get quite scared by characters in terms of meet and greet so we don't plan to do any character dining but she loves Disney so we are hoping the parades and shows will be ok so tips for where to go for good views without being right in the action would also be great. Thank you!!

3 replies to this topic
Kent, England
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
120 reviews
1. Re: Useful tips for a young family?

the park schedule is usually released on a Friday to cover the following week - keep an eye out on line. Now we are in the Christmas season there is a high probability that not much will change in the next 3 weeks anyway, you can use the current one as a guide

I would try to book some dining if I were you. Nothing worse than trying to find somewhere to eat and every restaurant being full, especially with kids.If you phone up they will be able to help you with what availability is left.

Have a fab time :-)

Port Talbot, Wales...
Level Contributor
165 posts
1 review
2. Re: Useful tips for a young family?

You can make dining reservations online here:

https:/…

Maidstone
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
3. Re: Useful tips for a young family?

Thank you Katy! I discovered the online portal earlier this morning after seeing something on another post. It's great as I wasn't looking forward to making a foreign phonecall from my mobile and it let me know when the restaurant had availability rather than finding out I couldn't have any of the times I wanted. I built a plan this evening and have booked all of our evening meals and I got the ones I wanted so am happy ;-)

Reply to: Useful tips for a young family?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted