We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6/7 month old at DLP

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
6/7 month old at DLP

Hi all,

My eldest really wants to go to DLP next year but my youngest will only be about 7/8 months old. I’ve read on the DLP website that only some rides have height restrictions so for those that say ‘all heights’ would I be able to take baby on with us and sit them on my lap?

There seems like very few actually have restrictions according to the website.

5 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31,537 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6/7 month old at DLP

Can't speak to DLP, am assuming policies across the Disney network are similar (which could be a mistake).

1. Age/size restrictions are firm, for safety reasons. The rides have safety and/or security devices (straps, belts, harnesses, etc) which will not fit an infant. This is non-negotiable.

2. In California, they allow one adult to stay back with any small children while another adult rides with larger children. When the first parent gets off, you can pass the infant to them and the other parent boards immediately without additional waiting. This means everyone who is big enough gets to ride, but not together.

I would add that, IMHO, Disneyland noise and crowds are a lot of stimulation for a small baby. People do it, but it bears thinking about. Finding someone who is willing to just stay back at the hotel with baby would make this easier.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
743 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6/7 month old at DLP

Personally I’d wait just a year longer. What is the baby going to get out of spending10 hours sat in a pram walking around a noisy park, whilst one adult has fun with your older daughter and one pushes baby around? Our daughter was 2 on her first visit and all was fine. Also you’ll only end up going back anyway when baby’s older or they’ll feel it unfair older child was treated differently.

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 6/7 month old at DLP

I visited almost 2 years ago with my then 3 year old and 5 month old. I found it fine with a baby, she was allowed on a few rides, Peter Pan and ratatouille for example but she wasn’t allowed to sit on my lap, I had to sit her next to me and hold her which I wasn’t aware of until I was at the front of the queue. She seemed to love watching the shows, parade and the interaction with the characters. We have just visited again last week and obviously this time was a lot easier now she is 2. We could go on most things all together as a family rather than one parent staying back with the baby. What I will say though is that last week was extremely hot and at some points throughout the day was a struggle for the kids (and us) and could be uncomfortable for the baby so may be worth bearing that in mind when deciding what time of year you are going to visit.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
9,897 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6/7 month old at DLP

My ds2 was seven months for his first trip, he had a lovely time! Just being somewhere different with all of us on holiday seemed to be entertaining.

He absolutely loved the characters and we have some gorgeous photos of him beeming whilst hugging them, my particular favourite picture from that trip is of him clinging on to Mickey's nose!

Of course they don't have to spend all day in the pushchair lol! He was mesmerised by the parade and Dreams and can honestly say it was a great holiday.

Fast forward to the trip when he could just walk however... Up the curb, down the curb, and repeat 😂.

Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 6/7 month old at DLP

Our first visit ds2 was 11 months and not yet quite crawling, he was happy enough in the pram, enjoyed the parades/ lights music and a quite a few rides, he loved the characters and like the other poster my most memorable photo is of him smiling grabbing hold of mickey’s nose - must be the nose!!

We went again last year with ds1 5 yrs ds2 2yrs4months and ds3 4 months old (last minute star wars trip for the husband 🤣). We had a lovely time baby got to ride a few rides and I also took a sling so baby wasn’t just lying in the pram, you will enjoy and there will be memories made. We would go back to the hotel to relax for a little in the afternoon if needed!

Reply to: 6/7 month old at DLP
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted