We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel breakfast with room only booking

Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel breakfast with room only booking

Hey everyone!

I booked one night at Hotel Cheyenne via booking.com and was wondering whether I can also book the breakfast buffet directly through the hotel in advance? Or should I just ask on arrival at the reception desk? I will be there on a weekday in September, no school holidays anymore, so probably or hopefully it won't be full.

However, in case it is and they refuse, what alternatives would you suggest? Or would you suggest anything else anyway because you don't like the Cheyenne breakfast? I'm open to everything. :)

Thanks in advance!

7 replies to this topic
Rennes, France
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel breakfast with room only booking

There's also now a Starbucks in the Cheyenne, that's worth considering.

But I don't think you will have any problem booking the buffet breakfast, as you say it's not a busy time.

Edited: 03 August 2018, 13:36
Haacht, Belgium
Level Contributor
918 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel breakfast with room only booking

I honestly would go for Starbucks immediately, Cheyenne breakfast is not really that extensive. it's only continental, cold options like croissants, bread rolls, ham and cheese, Nutella, fruit salad, yoghurt, ...

If you we're staying in Sequoia Lodge or upper hotel I would say opt for the buffet because they have hot options and more choice of pastries.

Unless you are someone who can eat quite a big amount you might be off cheaper because the buffets are all you can eat, but if you're just going for a croissant or egg roll and a coffee I think Starbucks is your best bet.

Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel breakfast with room only booking

Okay, thank you :)

Actually I thought that the Cheyenne breakfast nowadays also offers hot options like scrambled eggs, but if it's only cold stuff, I really prefer to gosomewhere else.

I read that Starbucks also has some breakfast menu options, is that correct?

Haacht, Belgium
Level Contributor
918 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel breakfast with room only booking

cheyenne, santa fe and davy crockett are only continental. Sequoia lodge and upwards offer hot breakfast like eggs, sausages etc.

Starbucks do breakfast menu deals indeed. croissant/egg roll/pancakes + coffee for a combo price and such.

Level Contributor
203 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel breakfast with room only booking

Hot breakfast options have definitely been introduced to Cheyenne recently. Not sure about Santa Fe.

Haacht, Belgium
Level Contributor
918 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel breakfast with room only booking

they most certainly haven't. They introduced them in the standard rooms for Sequoia Lodge and Newport Bay Club (before only the club level rooms had hot breakfast in those hotels) but Cheyenne and Santa Fe are still continental cold breakfast only. And in case you were going to ask: I've stayed there less than a month ago and I keep track of multiple fansites, groups and discussion platforms. So unless they started cooking up eggs and bacon this past morning, they don't offer hot breakfast.

Mentioned in this post
Newport
Newport
Southern Wales, UK
Haacht, Belgium
Level Contributor
918 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel breakfast with room only booking

Just to be clear, you are talking about the breakfast buffet, right?

Because they've had the offer of ordering one plate of scrambled eggs and sausage and stuff but that is not included in your standard breakfast price and is only available at a supplement and when you order it separately. So in the buffet there still is no hot breakfast included, unless like I said they changed this in the past few days but I can very much assure you that a week ago there was no hot section available in the buffet. I promise you I would not overlook scrambled eggs and bacon, I love those for breakfast so if there was any available I would not have missed those. ;-)

Reply to: Hotel breakfast with room only booking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted