We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is morzine easy for beginners

newcastle
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
is morzine easy for beginners

we were going to charmonix, is morzine more suitable for a second ever ski trip thanks

Mint Snowboarding
Sports Camps & Clinics
Ski with Ease - Ski School
Ski & Snowboard Areas, Sports Camps & Clinics
Avoriaz Ski Resort
Ski & Snowboard Areas
4 replies to this topic
aberdeen
Level Contributor
527 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is morzine easy for beginners

Never skied in Chamonix but it has a reputation as being for more experienced skiers.

Morzine is part of a huge ski area and caters for all levels of skier. It is also a more charming place than Chamonix in my opinion.

Rambouillet, France
Level Contributor
4,528 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is morzine easy for beginners

May be easier to use a snow report website like snow report or ski info, look at all of the resorts listed for the region and click on each for piste details.

If a resort has as many green and blue runs as they do black and red then the probability both types of skiers will have a nice holiday.

My children learned at Les Arcs 1800 so we had snow, skied green and blue all day, pubs / restos / jazz, fireworks, and a direct train. It was the proverbial no brainer for years.

At least compare Arcs piste ratio as a benchmark, taking a beginner on nothing but black and red may not end well...

Rambouillet, France
Level Contributor
4,528 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is morzine easy for beginners

Paul, if this is the piste map for Morzine than YES: …onthesnow.com/images/…xlarge.jpg

Thanks, I may ski this one sooner rather than later! A+

Morzine, France
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: is morzine easy for beginners

Hi Paul I am instructor with PDS academy and yes Morzine Is awesome for beginners. Avoriaz not so much!

For Morzine there has been investment at the top of the Pleney Bubble lift, a wide and super flat beginner area with a covered rolling carpet style life.

You then have easy progressions all the way up to easy blues, once you ok on there you can then head off and explore avoriaz or les gets.

Reply to: is morzine easy for beginners
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Morzine
Recent Conversations