We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tema 30 structures on fire

Level Contributor
158 posts
10 reviews
Tema 30 structures on fire

So far Tema has reported at least 30 structure fires including the Park Vista Hotel and a neighboring apartment complex. So sad my heart is breaking for everyone. The winds have been so strong that it is all over the news in southern Ohio. We can literally smell the smoke from the wildfires here!

Level Contributor
1,528 posts
1. Re: Tema 30 structures on fire

It looks like Gatlinbug has been heavily damaged. The last report I saw said that the center of downtown is largely intact, but either end of town is basically burned out. Several businesses, hotels and homes are lost. This is a horrible tragedy and I'm stunned how little attention it is getting from the national tv media..

Edited: 29 November 2016, 16:33
NC
Level Contributor
190 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Tema 30 structures on fire

Noooooo.....this is making me sick. I love Gatlinburg/PF!

Level Contributor
158 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Tema 30 structures on fire

Hillbilly golf Gone

Alamo Steakhouse Gone

West gate Resort Gone

Mysterious Mansion Gone

Riverhouse Motor Lodge Gone

unionville tenn.
Level Contributor
883 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: Tema 30 structures on fire

Mountain Lodge and Arrowmont also gone

unionville tenn.
Level Contributor
883 posts
33 reviews
5. Re: Tema 30 structures on fire

Our local news also reported that all the cabins in Black Bear Falls were lost and it is reported that Ober Gatlinburg was destroyed. Right now Aquarium is ok they say the animals can survive 24 hours on their own, they are hoping to get back in their this morning to see about them.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
237 posts
64 reviews
6. Re: Tema 30 structures on fire

This is heartbreaking! Praying for rain and relief before it takes the whole town

Summerville, South...
Level Contributor
126 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: Tema 30 structures on fire

That's so sad, would you happen to know if Townsend was affected by the fires? we have friends in that area.

Vonore, Tennessee
Level Contributor
131 posts
57 reviews
8. Re: Tema 30 structures on fire

So far, townsend unaffected.

9. Re: Tema 30 structures on fire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2017, 10:47