We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Path of Gods questions

Boston...
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Path of Gods questions

I will be staying in Montepertuso and want to go to the path of gods, a lot of people say that they start in Bomerano and go from there back to Positano, but I also heard a lot of people have trouble getting on the bus to get there, plus I am trying to be frugal and do not really want to pay for yet another bus. Would it still be a good hike if we just started it from wherever it starts near Montepertuso and just hike along and double back when we feel like it? I'm just concerned that if we do this, we will miss the best views because we potentially will not have walked far enough to see them. Any advice?

3 replies to this topic
Positano, Italy
Level Contributor
89 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Path of Gods questions

If you are young and fit it is easily done, of course the views are the best walking the route from Bomeranno but as you say you can walk it back and see the best views on your way back, there is also a nice little shack at the end of the trail where you can stop off for a cheap Caprese salad and a nice lemon drink. With the time you spend on the bus to Amalfi then hoping there is one to Bomerano that has space you may aswell just walk it twice. Hope this helps :)

Positano
Destination Expert
for Positano
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Path of Gods questions

I always do that! Just start at Nocelle, take a picnic and go back when you feel like it. I never bother with the buses ;)

Canton of Zug...
Level Contributor
48 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Path of Gods questions

It's totally doable. By Bus it takes 2+ hours from Positano to Bomerano anyway. That's almost enough time to do the path one-way from one end to the other.

Reply to: Path of Gods questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Montepertuso